AT & T Universal Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Sep 1, 2000.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I received a preapproved solicitation for the platinum card which I ignored and now a second one which extends the time to respond.

Anyone have an opinion about this card? How is customer service and how often are accounts reviewed and granted credit line increases?

2. CITIBANK R

CITIBANK R Guest

You may not know this but the AT&T universal card is owned and operated by Citibank. I do take calls from people asking questions about their AT&T cards. I have been doing that for about a year and I have not received one complaint yet.

The AT&T card used to have a reputation for bad customer service. However that was before Citibank took over in 1998. We totally changed the rules and regulations that the associates had to follow ( how they where supposed to interact with customers). Since that time customer satisfaction has risen dramaticly.

I get allot of calls where people want to transfer their balances to the AT&T card because their customer service is better than some of the other comapnies out there. At least thats what the customers keep telling me.

3. Steven Z

Steven Z Guest

Perhaps you had best ask that question of JacquiG she's had "untold" experience with them and their solicitations.

*Sorry Jacqui couldn't let it pass :)*

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Citibank credit cards

CR,

Which unsecured Citibank card is the easiest to qualify for?

Thanks.

Saar

5. CITIBANK R

CITIBANK R Guest

The easiest card to apply for is the classic card. The only reason it's easiest to apply for that card is because it only requires an annual income of $8,000

6. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that Citibank still offered a classic card. It's not shown on the website--only the platinums and such. How does one apply?

I closed my Citibank Visa account because I ended up having too much available credit, and my Citibank card had one of the lower credit limits and the higher APRs. Still, I must say that Citibank's customer service is not only excellent, it's superior.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks. How many months of documented credit history must I have in order to have a decent chance for approval (assuming there are no negatives there)?

Saar

8. CITIBANK R

CITIBANK R Guest

I don't know the exact answer for that but when I tried to apply for the card they said I had to have two years of a documented credit history. Keep in mind that was a year ago that policy might have changed since then . I wouldnt know because I dont work in that department.

9. CITIBANK R

CITIBANK R Guest

They dont have the applications for allot of our cards on the website anymore because they are in the middle of redesigning the application process. However you can apply for the Citibank card by calling 1-800-456-4277 or for the AT&T card by calling 1-800-662-7759. Or you can apply for a platinum card online and if you dont qualify for that they will automaticly consider you for a gold or classic card.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I received a "preapproval" from them too and I was declined:(

11. Tom

Tom Guest

be careful,when you apply Citi

Ten days ago,I applied Citibank Driver's Edge card online and got approval instantly .Today I got my TU credit report and found they pull TU two twice.First inquiry listed as Citigroup/instant credit and second listed as Citycorp which they pull two days late.

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: be careful,when you apply

I would dispute one inquiry, isn't the duplicate inquiries??

13. Tom

Tom Guest

My guess is they try to make sure everything is OK .I have very high balance on TU but only have half of that amount on other CRA.TU is always two months behind,I mean update.

14. CITIBANK R

CITIBANK R Guest

That problem shouldnt be hard to fix. I found an adress for you to wright to. Once we recieve youre letter we will have it removed. the address is Citibank Credit Bureau Disputes PO box 6241 sioux falls sd 57117. Just explain that they pulled two credit bureau reports when you only authorized one. I believe the problem could be that they processed youre application twice . They did have a problem with that which has since been corrected

15. Saar

Saar Banned

Same problem here! I applied for ClickCiti.

16. Tom

Tom Guest

Citibank Rep,thanks.

17. Stormie

Stormie Guest

I have been recieving their offers almost one a monthly basis, but I trash them. I don't need any more inquirys , I am already maxed out. I haven't heard any complaints thought. Pre-approve offers are basically pre-selected offers and they will check your file before granting credit to you.