AT&T Universal Mastercard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Sep 4, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Does anyone have this mastercard. I received an excellent pre-approval offer today. 0% APR and 0% for transfers for a year. It gave an address to apply online and you had to input your pre-approval numbers ect.

I doubt I will get it, Equifax (680) and Transunion (702)perfect, experian (594) ouch!....a few issues.

I would really like this card......transfer all of my balances from my other credit cards. I was rejected for citi and mbna (both pulled experian for me) I disputed the inquiries and had them removed.

I can't seem to get a prime credit card. All the creditors seem to pull Experian for me. I checked out the board that specifies what bureau a company pulls from, every time I tried (even when it states a company pulls from Equifax or Trans Union in PA)......companies seem to pull from Experian. I don't get it. After applying I realized that Universal Bank is part of Citibank, so I can expect a rejection in a few weeks. :-( I am so frustrated!

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

The pre-approval probably means they did not pull Experian for the PRM inquiry. That does not mean you will or will not get the card (they sometimes pull one CRA for the PRM and a different one for the Application). I saw that deal the other day and was tempted but I did not get a pre-approved offer. Read the application carefully and see if they can change the offer if your credit shows different info or even if they will pull another inquiry at all.

If you can afford the inquiry, go for it! Since you are looking for a prime card this would certainly be a nice one to have. Don't be dissappointed with a denial because the EX score will get you denied for that card if they pull them.

Good luck!

-Peace, Dave

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Or try Chase, they pull from TransUnion

4. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I recently acquired the ATT Univ Card. They are now a Citibank affiliate and they pulled Experian for me. I received 0% on bt and purchases for 9 months and a goto of 12.74%. I applied from a second pre-approval. When I didn't respond to the first, they sent another and I also received a call from one of their telemarketers. I did not receive instant approval. I called after a few days to find out status. They gave a generous credit line of $15,000. They do report to all 3 bureaus and they do include the credit limit.