AT&T Universal.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by creditwork, Aug 4, 2001.

1. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Just got a 5.9% till paid offer for balance transfers, no fee. My wife got one, but hers is 7.9%. We are both CreditWorks' members, of course. I do find it interesting that she is usually using not more than 10% of her available credit, I am usually in the 50% range, but her rate is higher.

www.creditsense.com

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Is this an intro. offer or do you both already have accounts? Just curious because I recently paidmy balance down to -0- on this card and wouldn't mind parking some debt with AT&T when another teaser expires in September.

3. creditwork

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Thanks for your very quick reply!

5. creditwork

6. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

Creditworks

How long did you,and your wife had this card before they made this great low rate offer?I have had their card for 9 months now,and i just wondering how long does it take for at&t unversal to offer anyone one of these deals.

7. creditwork

I am a charter member, in other words a long time holder. My wife is less than a 2 year holder, but she does exercise her credit. I think that is important to get these kind of offers.

www.creditsense.com

8. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

Thank you for your response,it will be alot of help to me.Now all i would need to do is to keep some activity on my card month to month,and pay it off every month until i get their until balance paid-off offer.

9. creditwork

Just one thing, I have found that paying a card off every month is not as good a payment history builder, as carrying a balance for 3-6 months, and then letting the account sit idle for a month or two. That is the reason we started CreditWorks, with our program one gets to carry a balance at a reduce cost and if the interest charged by the card is less than 19%, the participant may earn some money.

www.creditsense.com

10. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I am getting conflicting sides to the credit story, is it better to carry a balance or pay it off every month?

11. nursie

nursie Well-Known Member

Annie, carrying a balance is the nature of Anthony's business, so it's a biased opinion.

Lizard just recently posted how his score jumped quite a bit just by paying off his balances.

I recently got my free eloan score. On the anaylsis, the part that lists the things that are increasing your score, they listed lines of credit (from my loans) & my credit limits (not ratios, limits...period).

12. creditwork

The name is Herb, I don't know who Anthony is. It is the nature of CreditWorks business, but it also a formula that has worked for me and every participant in our program. I have $150,000 with 18 lines of credit. My wife has over $100,000. My sister has over $100,000. If you want higher limits and lower rates, exercise your credit. You do not have to use CreditWorks, but if you want lots of offers, carry a balance for 3 to 6 months, borrow close to your limits, make large payments and let the exercised account sit idle for a month or two, if that approach does not get you a line increase or lower rates, please post on this site. I am willing to make a small wager, that if your credit is fair and you use this approach you will get an offer for a lower rate or a line increase within months.

www,creditsense.com

13. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Creditwork,
    You say to borrow close to your limits. Well, what if someone doesn't want to "borrow" but could simply use free balance transfers back and forth among a few cards so that the "high balance" on Experian or the "most owed" on Equifax shows for each account. Would you have to leave it there for awhile even if the account has had activity of use and payments all along?

For example:

Card ID Limit Most Owed Balance 0% Teaser

A 6,500 1,000 880 Y (8mo)
    B 15,000 10,000 9700 Y (8mo)
    C 15,000 0 0 N
    D 12,000 11,900 300 N
    E 10,000 1500 1500 Y (4mo)
    F 4,000 2,800 800 N

Card D does offer 4.99% promos but with 2% bt fee. The other teasers do not charge bt fees. Cards A and C cannot be transferred to or from each other because they are with the same company. Card B is an affiliate so I don't think you can xfer, actually, at all to/from A,B, or C.

How would you move things around here to "exercise" the credit?

14. creditwork

"Creditwork,
    You say to borrow close to your limits."
    I am speaking strictly from my experience and observations.

"Well, what if someone doesn't want to "borrow" but could simply use free balance transfers back and forth among a few cards so that the "high balance" on Experian or the "most owed" on Equifax shows for each account."
    The "credit card shuffle" can work well. You have to look for what works for you.

"Would you have to leave it there for awhile even if the account has had activity of use and payments all along?"
    It all depends of what kind of activity. I would never carry a balance just for the sake of carrying a balance. However, anytime interest is less than 10% APR, there is a good chance you can take advantage of that kind of rate.

"For example:

Card ID Limit Most Owed Balance 0% Teaser

A 6,500 1,000 880 Y (8mo)
    B 15,000 10,000 9700 Y (8mo)
    C 15,000 0 0 N
    D 12,000 11,900 300 N
    E 10,000 1500 1500 Y (4mo)
    F 4,000 2,800 800 N

Card D does offer 4.99% promos but with 2% bt fee. The other teasers do not charge bt fees. Cards A and C cannot be transferred to or from each other because they are with the same company. Card B is an affiliate so I don't think you can xfer, actually, at all to/from A,B, or C.

How would you move things around here to "exercise" the credit?"
    Always look for a way to avoid the fees. Always move money to lower rate cards. Look for ways of borrowing the money without having to pay it directly to a card. My AT&T offer is for balance transfers, but they also wrote a check to me personally. This kind of offers allow you to write a check to yourself, but not to other persons and deposit into your checking account, you then can write a check to whatever card, including the one that just gave you the teaser rate.

www.creditsense.com

15. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

<This kind of offers allow you to write a check to yourself, but not to other persons and deposit into your checking account, you then can write a check to whatever card, including the one that just gave you the teaser rate>

Cool. I'm definitely going to try this!