at&t wireless

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lisa, Oct 10, 2000.

1. lisa

lisa Guest

Is cellular service reported to bureaus? I just got a cell phone from at&t. Will they report my payments? It doesn't seem as if they would but I remember seeing something on this board once that made it sound like they do. Thanks.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

They run a credit bureau before you get the phone (to see if you credit is strong enough not to require a deposit). They will also report you if they have to close your account due to non payment and you still owe money! But as far as reporting some sort of pay history, etc....I don't think so.

3. nsquared

nsquared Guest

As of June 2000, AT&T wireless reports to all three CRA's on a monthly basis. I have been with them since 1995 and my June 2000 statement contained a consumer disclosure to this effect. I received copies of both my Equifax and Experian reports in August 2000 and AT&T wireless was listed as a trade line on each.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

So, what are you saying?

Buy a cell phone and build your credit?

5. lisa

lisa Guest

RE: So, what are you saying?

Wow! Thanks for responding so fast. Hopefully that's true and they will report to the bureaus.

6. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

RE: yes, they report

I just checked my credit reports to verify this. My AT & T Wireless Accounts are on all three: Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. They report amount of last statement and payment. Length of time account has been opened and if the account is in good standing.

7. michelle

michelle Guest

Pacific Bell

Anyone know if Pac Bell or Verizon do this also??

8. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: yes, they report

I believe AT@T is the only cell company to report to the bureaus. Perhaps a manual entry by the other companies is an option, but I don't see it as a necessary trade on your credit report.

9. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I have had an AT&T phone since March. Anyway, when I looked at my worthknowing.com credit report back in September, AT&T was listed as an open account.

Hope that helps

Mike G.

lisa wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Is cellular service reported to bureaus? I just got a cell phone from at&t. Will they report my payments? It doesn't seem as if they would but I remember seeing something on this board once that made it sound like they do. Thanks.

10. MOCAFEEN

MOCAFEEN Guest

RE: Yes they do

My ATT&T wireless account is on my credit reports. I saw it there the last time I pulled them. Looks like you've already got your answers on this from other posters, but I just wanted to throw in another "me too" to help confirm it.

MO

11. lisa

lisa Guest

Thanks everyone.......

for all of the responses. I love this board!

12. Sean70

Sean70 Guest

RE: Pacific Bell

Verizon does not report, they have an in house system. Sprint and most other carriers use an in house system.

13. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

RE: Pacific Bell

That's True . Sprint and and At&t run a credit check. Not a hard inquire thought . Pac bell Just sends you to a collection agency if you don't pay .

14. Desmond

Desmond Guest

What kind of phone did you get from them. I received a phone from them in Aug. had to send the phone back because it was defected as of today I have not received the pphone yet.

15. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

What about Sprint PCS?

I have had Sprint PCS service for about a year and they do not report to the CRA's. Has anyone ever asked Sprint to report cell phones payments to the CRA's?

chet

16. tlcampbe

tlcampbe Guest

Actually I have had AT & T wireless since May of 1998 and since that time they have showed up on my credit report.

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: What about Sprint PCS?

They said that they wouldnot. Bastards!

18. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I sent them an e-mail regarding this issue. Their response was that they do not currently report, but they are looking into this issue and hope to offer CRA reporting in the near future. I think you should send them an e-mail as well. The more people that request this, the more likely they are to implement reporting to the bureaus sooner.

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

ok i'll send them an email. Bastards!

20. miles

miles Well-Known Member

:) LOL!