At&t

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by firstclass, Sep 16, 2003.

1. firstclass

firstclass Well-Known Member

My search is Not Responding. They have sent my balance to a CA for $1700. The CA call me & we worked out a payment plan to start payment in this month. So before I could make my first payment I check wk Monday & there are reporting this to Tu.

I Know everything to do if it was not mind, but i want to take care of this & not get burn by pay this & it show 0 balance & is still reporting. I have talked to one of there reps & they gave me the bs run around.

What do I do?

I'm stuck!

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Good reason to validate before paying.
    Also don't pay without getting deletion in writing.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

3. firstclass

I want to pay because i do not want it to go to another CA. It is my debt, I want to get it in writing first before I start to pay, but they want agree. That's were I'm Stuck!

What Should I do next?

4. RichC

RichC Well-Known Member

What's the SOL? Is it beyond that?

You need to put some pressure on them. They think you're going to fold. Tell them no written agreement to not include on CR, then no money, and don't bother you until they agree.

However, if it is still in SOL, they could take action against you. You could try to delay them until after SOL when they have no leg to stand on...validation letters, etc.

5. lbrown59

Re: Re: At&t

This isn't working so validate.

6. firstclass

My last bill was in Mar 03 for 1700, then went to collections in June. The CA called in July I told them I could start making payment Sep, Before I made my first payment I check wk & there it was for 1700.

7. firstclass

Tell me will this work if i sent at&t a payment for $200 & then turn around & sued Ca for reporting the wrong amount?

8. firstclass

^^^BUMP^^^

9. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: At&t

Don't think so.

10. firstclass

Re: Re: Re: At&t

I will go threw the steps & hope they screw up.