At the end of credit repair ro

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

All three of my credit reports look good (11 - 15 good trade lines on each)!

Except for the biggie... a chapter 7 bankrupcty on all three!

This BK is 9 years old and due to fall off in another year. But I want to be proactive and "attempt" to get it removed before then.

Any input folks?

Thinking about Junum or Lexington to try this for me. The BK is valid and I assume it can be verified - just wondering if there's a shot of Junum or Lex having it removed so I can finally be free..................

chet

2. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

RE: At the end of credit repai

Gosh, you're so close to "serving your term", I don't know WHY it hasn't dropped off already. Hey, I've heard good things about both Lex and Junum. With it being so close, I don't know how hard anyone would fight to keep it on there.

Lex is more expensive, but I've also heard they draw the "big guns" also. I don't think you can go wrong with either. And good luck!

3. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I would think that since they are a law firm, Lexington would be able to find a way to remove the BK. If the thought living with you BK for a year is unbearable, I say go for it. SInce all of your accounts that were included in the BK have fallen off, it may not take them long to get rid of the actual court record.

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Chet,

You've been in credit hell long enough. I sure hope the three bureaus will give you a break and take the BK off a little early.

Getting Lexington or Junum involved couldn't hurt. Or maybe you could contact the bureaus yourself. The time is so close. Please keep us posted.

Donna

5. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

congradulations!!!!!I'm close to where you are except I have 5 more yrs. on my chapter 7 :( PLEASE keep us updated Ive still got a ways to wait. I would like to know what Junum or lexington say to you about getting your ch 7 off.

6. cadman

cadman Well-Known Member

Hey Chet, please keep us posted - I'm at the 8 yr mark on my chapter 7. And like yours, all accounts are positive - a total of 8-10.

Thanks,

Cadman

7. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi chet.

Enjoyed chatting on Sunday. I don't know the answer to your question as I expect to be in your position within the year. However, I am not there now. You will probably educate me later on.

One thing, I would not do is to contact the CRA's and ask them to drop the BK off as it is so close to the 10 year mark. I don't trust the CRA's or their employees at all.

Keep us posted.

8. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Cadman wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hey Chet, please keep us posted - I'm at the 8 yr mark on my chapter 7. And like yours, all accounts are positive - a total of 8-10.

Thanks,Cadman
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why should a person who has had perfect credit for the last 5 years have it wiped wiped out because of something that happened 8 years ago??????????
    Ten years for BK. is a no brainer if there ever was one ! ! !!