Atlantic Coast Federal Got Take Ove

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kevinw01, Sep 24, 2003.

1. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello There,

In the mail today I recd a notice that starting Fed 21, 2004 the Atlanitc Coast Federal Visa Godl CArd will be handle by Individual Bankcard Services a division of MBNA.... they will change my current gold visa into their word points MC.... the apr stays the same... just a new card and account number... did anyone get this notice by chance... please let me know....

Thx,

Kev

2. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

haven't received any notice yet Kev, i have their Platinum visa - I'll let you know if i get something in the mail. (i hope not - don't really want to have anything to do with MBNA)

3. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

I applied for a new account with ACF about a month ago and they told me MBNA had taken over all of their CC business. I asked them not to submit the app to MBNA, but last week got the MBNA ACF card in the mail. We got the notice on our original ACF account today. Same dates as mentioned above. Fortunately, MBNA is still maintaining the same APR across the board, so we'll see.

I did go ahead and get a personal LOC with ACF (since I had taken the hit from the 2 inquiries already) and opened a checking account with them to access it. Their lowest APR was 12% so it's not a great rate, but could be helpful short term now and then.

ACF has always been great to work with. I hate that their great customer service is making way for MBNA. The CSR told me the reason they had MBNA take over is because MBNA can offer better rates than ACF could and they wanted to make their cards more competitive.

DemPooches

4. Mark LA

DANG!

Well - i guess i'll get my notice in the mail...
    Another thing i liked about ACF - was that they only reported on Eq...
    sigh

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

That´s bad news!!. I have not received any notice yet. But MBNA closed my Amtrak Plat MC (A perfect account) with 20k limit three months ago for too many available credit with others issuers. Probably they will close this Account either.

6. Mark LA

Re: Atlantic Coast Federal Got Take

that sucks
    geo - how many other cards do you have - if you don't mind me asking?