attacking a Judgment...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by verynyse, Aug 4, 2003.

1. verynyse

verynyse Member

Has asyone had any luck vacating a judment from the court before trying to remove it from the CRA's?
    I was reading how one could file a motion to vacate through the court .( for a number of reasons) Whoever holds the Judgment could be "served" by an ad in a publication in the same city where the mess started. When the party fails to show up...Motion to Vacate granted.
    I have already removed the corresponding address from my CRA, in anticipation of my "NOT MINE" defense. Am I putting too much into this? Or does this sound good? tell me, tell me :)

2. verynyse

verynyse Member

Upon further research..
    California allow's for vacating judgments ONLY on default Judgments. Looks like I am just going to have to pay, then " NOT MINE"
    sucks :(

3. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

Why do you have to pay if you are going to dispute as not mine?

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Why does it suck?

5. verynyse

verynyse Member

It sucks because I had hoped to file a vacate motion but am not allowed in CA.
    I read here that having it unpaid vs. paid is still a big neg on ones CR. and that sucks:(

6. verynyse

verynyse Member

To keep it from accruing interest my whole life I guess...

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: attacking a Judgment...

All Default judgments as they are currently obtained S U C K

8. zumwald1

zumwald1 Active Member

I do not think they accrue interest, mine hasn't in three years!!

9. crowmom

crowmom Well-Known Member

I'd like to know more about this too...ive read a hundred posts about getting rid of judgments, but none really tell me which would more likely work.

vacating thru court or disputing thru CRAs--anyone have more success with one over the other?

10. verynyse

verynyse Member

California Accrues at 10% a year PLUS court cost....
    Removing it from your CRA"s does not stop the fact that the plaintiff can come at you, garnish your wages etc.. your ENTIRE life.
    It can constantly be renewed (in CAlifornia) every 10 years.
    S U C K S

11. verynyse

verynyse Member

Paying keeps the plaintiff from getting any more money out of me. 10% is a bitch

12. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

I'm in FLorida...had a default judgement against a guy who hit my car and had no insurance.

He never showed up in court but was served so I got a judgement by default.

He owed me 700.00 but it accumulated interest and when he finally paid me (after I had his license suspended for it) it was 950.00.

So I guess in Florida default judgements do collect interest and the interest was like 9-11% depending upon the year (he ignored it for 3 yrs until he paid it in order to get his license back)