Attention Creditneters--lets Vote

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Reshod, Nov 13, 2001.

1. pbm

pbm Administrator

Re: Attention Creditneters--lets Vo

Jill,

That's not entirely accurate. When you have a user on ignore and that user posts inside a thread, you will be shown all posts *except* those from the user you are ignoring. The only exception is when that user starts a new thread, in which case the entire thread will be ignored.

Sincerely,
    pbm

2. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Ok, for the record, I believe that votes to "ban" other Creditnet members are entirely inappropriate, wrong, unfair, and even a little bit ridiculous. I had hoped that my "tally" message where I poked fun at the "specified period" and similar rule-making would make that clear. Unfortunately I believe that some may have seen that post as an endorsement of the entire process.

Bkev has been a terrific contributor to this forum. Although I greatly disagree with him regarding a few things (and I'm not going to detail those in this message, because it will detract from my main point), I believe that he has been helpful to quite a few on this board. The flame wars are really unfortunate.

A week or two ago, I held a quick poll -- "should bkev and bbauer stop their war on the board" -- as an effort to broker a cease-fire of sorts. That didn't work, lol. In no way was that an effort to ban or dismiss or suspend either of these two individuals, both of whom I hold in high esteem when it comes to the depth of their knowledge regarding credit-related issues. If, somehow, that quick poll is remembered incorrectly as something more, I really regret that. Needless to say, THIS "VOTE TO BAN" or whatever the heck it is, is bizarre to say the least.

That's it. Suffice to say, there will be no more tallies from me, since I want to be absolutely clear regarding how I feel about this.

Doc

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Doc:

I votes that I is da king and dey jus "kills" everybody what disagrees wit me.

LOL

4. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

No, Bill, I vote that I'm the king. :) There can only be one king.

Doc

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Doc, you need to come in out of the dark.
    -------------------------------------------
    A doctor of psychology was doing his normal morning rounds
    when he entered a patient's room. He found Patient #1 sitting on
    the floor, pretending to saw a piece of wood in half.

Patient #2 was hanging from the ceiling, by his feet.

The doctor asked patient number 1 what he was doing. The
    patient replied, "Can't you see I'm sawing this piece of wood
    in half?" The doctor inquired of Patient #1 what Patient #2
    was doing. Patient #1 replied, "Oh. He's my friend, but he's
    a little crazy. He thinks he's a lightbulb." The doctor looks
    up and notices Patient #2's face is going all red.

The doctor asks Patient #1, "If he's your friend, you should
    get him down from there before he hurts himself"

Patient #1 replies, "What? And work in the dark?"
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Also, there are two kings in chess and in checkers........... ?

LOL

6. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

HEY!!! I thought the man who gave me away in my wedding was the King.....Who is really the king? Cause if it isn't Elvis, I was jipped!!!!!

7. bbauer

bbauer Banned

It's GONE! VAPORIZED!

Has anyone noticed that Bkev's infamous letter to the Oklahoma Attorney General is gone?
    Vaporized??

Good thing I printed that sucker out or I never could have proven a thing.

I hope I do get something from the AG on that issue. If I do, I'm very likely to have to sue that feller. And I am thinking what damages I might want to sue for in the event that I do have to sue him.

I think that about 2.2 billion dollars ought to be an appropriate sum of money to demand. That's what he ripped off Oklahoma's citizenry for in his infamous tobacco settlement deal. Talk about consumer fraud. The deal was originally spoon fed to the people as being for the purpose of reembursing the state of oklahoma for it's health care costs incurred due to caring for sick smokers who could not afford to pay for their own medical costs. By the time the legislature got through figuring out what to do with their windfall profits it was anything but what it was supposed to be for.

A big chunk of it went to pay off the teachers retirement funds that the state had been ripping into for years. Health care for anybody??? Forget it!!!

LOL

8. bbauer

bbauer Banned

That issue apparently has yet to be resolved. But I do have a suggestion for you. Regardless of who gave you away, you should not treat your dearly beloved as a king (Rodney King that is)

It also might not be a wise idea to render any burnt offerings unto your king for his supper.

LOL

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Bill: Why should someone private correct what you have publicly posted? Others can not learn that way. Plus, I've shown you how you are wrong. You don't listen. You don't learn from your errors. You act like a bully and start the slams. You take things personal calling people EXLAX and BINGO when you can not legally justify your actions.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: It's GONE! VAPORIZED!

Bill: Your copy is in the mail. PBM actually moved my post back to the original forum. Since you're having a problem seeing it.... here's the link!

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&pgnum=3&postid=108086#post108086

Enjoy the read....

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

So, Reshod, What was the final tally in your vote that doesn't matter?

12. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I get 5 says Bkev stays, 3 says he gotta go, 4 says nobody should go and 1 that just don't seem to want to vote either way. Undecided.

Looks to me like the vote is that you stay. Personally, I think that's just fine.

13. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Bill, Did you change your name? The question was for Reshod. Besides, I think you need to take a couple of math classes! Even at the first day, Doc was showing 3 times as many votes as you are.....

If you don't know what you're talking about or if someone is not talking to you, how about shutting up and giving us all a break.... You've won the award for the longest posts without any information and OVERUSE/ABUSE of quotes... but then again, we know the real reason you post... to get the free ads....

14. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Another temper tantrum. Ho Hum. He don't get it as usual. I just said he could stay as far as I'm concerned. But he's gotta make an insult out of a compliment.

Takes a real rocket scientist to do that.

15. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

As a team we can win the FICO game, why not attack the CRA's instead.

Credit is a gray area, there are many ways to win the credit game. By freely sharing information people have a chance to choose which method works.

It is time that we stop attacking each other, if someone can not live by the spirit of the board they should withdraw.

I vote for PEACE, it is time to focus on the Holiday Rush, what works and who is going to win. Free speech is good, personal attacks are not.

Looks like fourth down and short yardage, lets score.

16. bbauer

bbauer Banned

He obviously agrees with you so long as it's me that does the withdrawing leaving him to do a hula dance over my "dead" body to celebrate his "victory."

He does his victory dance incessantly as it is, but never seems to realize it's taps the bugler is playing, not revele. Seems like the only way to put it to a stop is to teach one army mule or the other how to play the bugle. Since I seem to be the teacher here, I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Besides, many of the denizens of this particular jungle seem to enjoy the bufoonery.

17. roni

roni Well-Known Member

STOP talking for me Bill. I can do that by myself even if your cult can not!

18. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

November 12, 2001

Drew Edmondson
    Office of the Attorney General
    Consumer Protection Unit
    4545 N Lincoln Blvd #260
    Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Mr. Edmondson:

In the interest of protecting the rights of the consumers of Oklahoma and the other forty-nine states, I respectfully submit the attached Consumer Complaint Form and request the Consumer Protection Unit conduct an immediate and full investigation of Mr. Billie Bauer [address removed by pbm].

Operating without any written contracts, Mr. Bauer solicits monthly fees from consumers in exchange for rendering credit repair services. As you will see in the attached documents, these services are marketed to consumers as Creditwrench, Tarless Filters and as an individual under his personal name. Whatever the name of his service, it operates under numerous and serious violations of the federal Credit Repair Organizations Act.

As you review the attached documents, youâ??ll see documented violations of the Credit Repair Organizations Act including but not limited to:
    -False claims and/or guarantees of credit repair services
    -Perform services without a written contract and completed a three day waiting period
    -Collecting fees prior to rendering promised services
    -Failure to inform consumers about their legal rights under CROA, FDCPA and FCRA
    -Recommendations of not contacting the credit reporting bureaus directly
    -Failure to provide total cost for services
    -Failure to provide a detailed description of how services will be rendered
    -Failure to notify consumer how long services will take to achieve results
    -Misleading consumers by operating under three different names
    -Deceptive published listings for company telephone number
    -Failure to provide written â??Consumer Credit File Rightsâ? statement prior to rendering services
    -Failure to maintain Retention of Compliance Records

Numerous times I have attempted to have Mr. Bauer to voluntarily act in accordance with the Credit Repair Organizations Act which regulates the service he operates. He has refused each and every effort with no remorse and in complete defiance of the law. I now come to you with this complaint to protect the rights of consumers and force his compliance with the law or face the consequences for his illegal actions.

Mr. Edmondson, I hope your office recognizes the powerful voice marketing this illegal credit repair service over the internet can have and the numbers of consumers who could be seriously impacted as a result. I respectfully appeal that your investigation be swiftly completed and the outcome be quickly implemented to protect their rights as soon as possible. Thank you for your attention to this serious legal matter.(originally posted by Bkev)

Bkev,

Nice letter, but it doesn't describe a thing about Bill's business. .

Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with OK state law or commerce laws on a national level. There are certain rules that one must abide by when doing business on the web.

May I ask what authority you have in asking Bill to follow your requests as stated here?

"Numerous times I have attempted to have Mr. Bauer to voluntarily act in accordance with the Credit Repair Organizations Act which regulates the service he operates. He has refused each and every effort with no remorse and in complete defiance of the law. I now come to you with this complaint to protect the rights of consumers and force his compliance with the law or face the consequences for his illegal actions. "

Exactly what laws has he broken?

-False claims and/or guarantees of credit repair services

What services? Do you understand the difference between someone who provides information and someone who provides a service?

Deceptive published listings for company telephone number

Please prove that Bill is trying to be DECEPTIVE. This is a pretty bold statement..

Perform services without a written contract and completed a three day waiting period
    -Collecting fees prior to rendering promised services

Here again, I must ask, "WHAT SERVICES?"
    Last time you went to Barnes and Noble, did they require you to sign a contract?

Misleading consumers by operating under three different names

Please show us how he is trying to mislead consumers... I have own all types of business names. I operate under two of them. How is Bill trying to deceive anyone?

Here we go again, quoting Federal Regulations on Repair companies who provide SERVICES....

Failure to notify consumer how long services will take to achieve results

Failure to provide a detailed description of how services will be rendered

How services will be rendered? WRONG!!
    How information will be provided. Give him $ and he will provide you with information. That is not to hard to follow. He does give live advice over the phone. But that is not what he is charging you for. That is just something that he does to help..

I will agree that Bill must be careful on how he handles his business. But, I do not see how he is a credit repair agency. He is running a legitimate business. He even guarantees the information. If it does not help, he will give you your money back. Barnes and Nobel wont do that!!!!!

19. godaddyo

Caveat Emptor:
    A Latin phrase meaning let the buyer beware!!!

20. godaddyo

I recently recieved a bunch of job listings from a reputable company. They charge you a nominal fee and they are quite reasonable. They will even help you find a head hunter who specializes in your field. I think I will notify the authorities if I don't find a job. After all, shouldn't they be punished for providing me with infromation? Especially if this information doesn't get me a job? Are there claims of helping job seekers in vain, or are they legitimately trying to run a business. I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder. If some find jobs and some don't, then I guess it will be a toss up.