Attention LizardKing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Miami Blue, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Miami Blue

Miami Blue Guest

Hi,

I saw your validation letter and I was wondering if this letter can also be used with an original creditor. I have 2 charge offs with Capital One and have tried without any success to negotiate a settlement in return for unrating these two accounts. However, the five times I've communicated to them I have gotten back 5 reasons why they cannot grant my request.

I would like to send them the validation letter. My CapOne MC was charged off in June 2000 and my Visa was charged off in July 2000. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

Miami Blue

2. Bigun

Bigun Guest

Not Lizard but, your orginal creditor is very likely to have the orginal account documents. You want to send that letter to someone who doesn't have them and may not be able to get their hands on them in 30 days.

3. Miami Blue

Miami Blue Guest

Hi Bigun,

Thanks for your input. Last time I spoke to the Capital One Recovery Dept. I was told they have the accounts. Originally they did have a collection company attempt to collect but after cease and desists letters and the threat of a lawsuit they stoped. No negative entries from any collection company, just Capital One.

Miami Blue

4. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

I have dealt with all the collection agencies in my report!
    I was very successful. Now I would like to target the original creditors. All my accounts are 5 years old, so SOL is way passed.

Lizardking, can you please post a sample of one of the letters you used with the original creditors (using these nice law terms). I probably can come up with my own, but I would like to see what you wrote.

It feels good on the dark side!

5. Miami Blue

Miami Blue Guest

Hi Lizard,

Lets see, these were the reasons:

1. They don't delete negatives on credit reports.
    2. Any savings over $599 would have to be reported as income to the IRS.
    3. They don't unrate accounts.

There were two other reasons, I'll look them up in the morning. I'm going to go ahead and type the first letter. I would appreciate it if you would take a look at it when you had some free time. By the way, next time your in Miami look me up and I'll buy you a couple of drinks for your trouble.

Cheers!!!

6. d

d Guest

what does this letter do get you out of the debt or what