Attention Lizardking

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MiamiBlues, May 10, 2001.

1. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

On April 6, I sent a request for validation letter to Capital One Bank via certified mail/return receipt requested. I received the return receipt that indicated the letter had been received by Capital One on April 10.

Today is 30 days since Capital One has received my request for validation, however, I have not received any response from them. My questions to you and to any other members of this board is what should I do next? Do I send Capital One a second validation letter with a copy of the first attached as well as a copy of the return receipt? Additionally, you had posted a follow-up validation letter that I have been unable to retrieve. I was able to pull one up that MP$40 posted back in March. Is this the same letter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Manny

2. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

Did you ask for verification from the CRAs that are reporting the trade line? Youll get different ideas from everyone, but it seems that everyone agrees that you should send in a verification/validation letter to the bureaus that asks for an investigation of the item. Some who post here believe that a simple dispute of "not mine" will work. Others use the validation method with the CRA'. I believe there is a second letter that has been posted here for your second round. It gives them 15 days to respond.

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Dispute with the CRA and also send the 2nd validation leter. Bcause you are asking for validation, the CRA's my find this out themselves and it could possibly be an easier deletion that way as well.

4. MiamiBlues

I sent the letter that Lizardking had posted a while back directly to Capital One. I have had no response and today is day 31.

Are you saying I should commence disputing this tradeline with the three CRA's as well as sending a second validation letter to Capital One? If so, do I resend the original letter or do I use a different format and attach a copy of the first letter along with copies of the receipt signed by Capital One?

Thanks for your help!

Manny

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

The CRAs are not obligated to "validate" and probably won't. The CRAs "verify" and do a half ass job of that. If you have disputed the accounts with the CRAs (verify) with no success, then you can send validation letters to the creditors or collection agencies. All of this is in the FCRA.

6. MiamiBlues

Mike,

I did send a letter to the creditor and after 31 days have not yet received a response.

Manny

7. MiamiBlues

Lizardking,

I will try it. At this point I don't think I have anything to lose.

Manny