Attitude--be careful!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by will, Jun 20, 2000.

1. will

will Active Member

Just a bit of advice. I am prompted to write this after reading all of the negative posts regarding some cc companies and especially after the ones against Direct Merchants Bank. I too have a card from them and have had no problems with them.

It's good to be cautious when contacting any of these companies and applying for credit with them. Most of these post on this board have been quite helpful. But when contacting them by phone, it is very easy to let all of the negative information that you may have heard about them slant the your attitude when contacting them. My advice is to try to keep the info in the back of your mind for future use, but have an open mind and give them the benefit of the doubt. "Kill them with kindness"--if this doesn't work after honestly giving it a try, a more agressive attitude is in order.

Just something to think about!

2. Len

Len Guest

I think that's very good advice. I didn't call Cross Country Bank a bunch of crooks, theives, and vipers until about the twentieth time I had to call them long distance.