ATTN ALL EXPERTS...Dispute #2

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Feb 20, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I just received my TU report and would like to dispute 2 addresses that are not mine. I would also like to dispute my OLD married name. And I would like to use my NY address as my current address.

Is all of this possible? If so, how?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: ATTN ALL EXPERTS...Dispute

Although I have never done it with TU, I never had a problem deleting or changeing address/incorrect names with Equifax or Experian, and I did all this through the telephone and they corrected right on spot.

Mom

3. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: ATTN ALL EXPERTS...Dispute

I agree. Changing an address is never a problem. You may want to send them a copy of your latest utility bill along with your driver's license showing the new address.

4. mother2

Thanks you two!

:eek:)

5. CCMax

CCMax Guest

?? on disputing addresses

How exactly does it help your credit to have old or incorrect addresses removed? I know length of time at residence is a factor, but how would anybody know looking at your CR how long you've spent where? Just curious and clueless.

CC

6. mother2

RE: ?? on disputing addresses

Well, as I look at it if you have multiple addresses OR (in my case) variances of the same address, it looks as if you are "unstable".

I had 1 full page of different addresses on my CR. So I wanted it deleted. Now it looks "clean" somewhat. :eek:)