Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Feb 20, 2001.

  1. mother2

    mother2 Well-Known Member

    I just received my TU report and would like to dispute 2 addresses that are not mine. I would also like to dispute my OLD married name. And I would like to use my NY address as my current address.

    Is all of this possible? If so, how?
  2. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    RE: ATTN ALL EXPERTS...Dispute

    Although I have never done it with TU, I never had a problem deleting or changeing address/incorrect names with Equifax or Experian, and I did all this through the telephone and they corrected right on spot.

  3. jason

    jason Well-Known Member

    RE: ATTN ALL EXPERTS...Dispute

    I agree. Changing an address is never a problem. You may want to send them a copy of your latest utility bill along with your driver's license showing the new address.
  4. mother2

    mother2 Well-Known Member

    Thanks you two!

  5. CCMax

    CCMax Guest

    ?? on disputing addresses

    How exactly does it help your credit to have old or incorrect addresses removed? I know length of time at residence is a factor, but how would anybody know looking at your CR how long you've spent where? Just curious and clueless.

  6. mother2

    mother2 Well-Known Member

    RE: ?? on disputing addresses

    Well, as I look at it if you have multiple addresses OR (in my case) variances of the same address, it looks as if you are "unstable".

    I had 1 full page of different addresses on my CR. So I wanted it deleted. Now it looks "clean" somewhat. :eek:)

Share This Page