attn: nquisitive! q about LN letter

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by crowmom, Aug 7, 2003.

1. crowmom

crowmom Well-Known Member

I have a question about something I read in the LN thread:

nquisitive (or anyone else): what exactly is an attestation statement? i googled for it, but couldnt find what it means pertaining to this. thanks.

2. nquisitive

nquisitive Well-Known Member

It's the statement where the notary attests to the fact that you did, in fact, sign the document.

When I took the first letter to the bank to be notarized, the notary just wrote the info by hand. But every document I've ever seen from an attorney that had to be notarized had the notary's statement already printed, something like the statement below. So, I added it in myself and then had the revised one notarized. I just felt it looked more official and professional.

nquisitive

STATE OF ____________________)

COUNTY OF __________________)

I certify that before me, a Notary Public in and for said county and state, _________________________,

whose identity is well known or proven to me, personally appeared and signed the foregoing instrument

acknowledging the same to be his/her free act and deed this _______________ day of ______________

in the year 20___.

WITNESS my hand and notarial seal.

My commission expires: ___________________ County of Residence:______________________

3. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

A simple "Sworn to before me by ___(name)______ on ______ day of ________, 2003, known to me to be the person who executed this instrument and (s)he acknowledged to me that (s)he executed the same" would also do.

I'm an AZ Notary.

4. crowmom

crowmom Well-Known Member

thanks to both of you very much!