Attorney General/BBB

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Pam, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Pam

Pam Guest

Does anyone knwo if contacting the Attorney General or the BBB in the state where your disputing an account with a company will help to get it removed if the company can't provided you with any proof you are to pay.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I will let you know, I am in the process of filing a complaint with the AG of Va, I just finished completing the form but I had to attach an addtional letter b/c the space they provided did't give me enough room to explain my complaint. I also filed with the FTC but they are worthless, they sent me a file explaining my rights, DUH I know my rights that is why I filed in the first place. I will post if I receive any repsonse.

Mom

3. keshia

keshia Guest

thanks for the response did you send your letter concerning the same issue as me

4. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I just did the same, and am awaiting the results. Mine is for a long distance carrier who placed a derogatory entry onmy credit report, (wrong name and addy.) When I disputed it, they sent me a form asking me for ss#, address, full name, etc.

I sent a response saying if you placed it, you must know enough info to retract it. I gave them the account number, and copied the entry from my credit report. I got absolutely no response, so I filed a complaint with the AG in my state. I sent the form in, plus copies of the letters and Cert mail receipts. They AG sent a response saying they are working on it, and will advise me of results. They also sent me a phone number to track the progress, and the letter was hand signed.

I hope it works, nothing else has!

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I've had two companies get admonition letters, one removed after this, the other did on 2 CR's, not the 3rd...but I think the AG is a big help.

I've had good luck with the BBB's when it comes to inquiry removal