Attorney General Complaint Update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Terry, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Just to update everyone, I complained to the Attorney General regarding an account Gulf State Credit sold to Berks Credit & Collections. I had 2 tradelines listed on my Experian Report. I had Berks Credit & Collection listed on Trans Union and Equifax.

Totally frustrated, I filed a complaint with the Attorney General of PA. I received a letter today telling me the collection agency can't verify the account so it will be removed from all three credit bureaus. The Attorney General's office sent me copies of the letter they received from Berks Credit & Collections! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see if the bureaus comply, if not....its off to the magistrate to file a civil suit!

I reside in PA. I sent the complaint on 6/4/2001, they responded with a letter telling me they have my complaint on 6/20/2001. They quickly resolved my problem, and it was a BIG problem. Berks reaged the account so it looks like I have a collection from 2001, the "real" date should have been 1996.

For me its a HUGE victory as I don't have any collection accounts since 1995, and the sol is gone and most have been removed from my credit files.

Just wanted to share my results with everyone.

2. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Terry

Congratualtions that is awesome!

Cyprigirl:)

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Wonderful news, Terry. Congratulations.

Dani

4. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Great for you Terry...!!

Doing the Happy Dance .... ;-)

MartysGirl

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Terry, that's fantastic. It's nice to know that the AG's office can get real results. :)

6. gcv1sytl

gcv1sytl Member

Hey Terry, Congrad's on the letter from the Att. General. So do you have any copies of the letters you sent to the attorney generals offie. I might need some help on a couple of items. Thanks

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

That's great! congratulations!

breeze

8. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I too live in PA. Can you give me the address to complain and possibly post your letter?

Great news!

9. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Terry,
    Can you email me or post the letter that you used in contating the Attorney General....I (WE) would greatly appreciate it!!!!

10. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

email is kittw1@aol.com

11. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Greetings Concerned, here is the address for the AG: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Office of the Attorney General, Allentown Regional Office, 801 Hamilton Street, 4th Floor, Allentown, PA 18101.
    Phone: 610-821-6690
    Fax: 610-821-6529

I live in Western PA. I sent the complaint to Harrisburg and they forwarded it to Allentown. I mailed my complaint, emailed, and faxed it, just to ensure it was received. The response was quicker than I thought, and they resolved my complaint to my satisfaction.

For those of you that would wish a copy of the letter, please feel feel free to email me @ TS728@home.com. I would be happy to share the letter I sent.

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

For anyone in any state, you can find your attorney general just by doing a search (I love google at www.google.com) for them. For instance, Texas Attorney General. Most have online complaint forms but you usually print them out and add supporting documents to mail. For Texas, you can email with attachments.

Also, if you are looking for specific state-by-state credit laws and whether or not you have a state where collection agencies have to be licenses (a very nice bonus), go to www.lawdog.com and check out your state info...:)

They have links, as well. I'll miss Colorado's licensing board (Texas does not have one), Illinois licensing board sucks (called Dept. of Professional Regulation).

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Nah, Nana, you'll love the TX collection laws even better, LOL Texas doesn't need to license them - their hands are tied, instead.

breeze

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Really, Breeze? That is good news!! Thanks for the info! I know I love the SOL here..teehee

15. cole

cole Active Member

Please tell me where you got your information about Texas collection laws.

16. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Here's the cherry on top of the whipped cream ;)

from the Texas code for civil procedure:

breeze