Attorney General question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rhondak, Aug 29, 2003.

1. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

When I first began this credit repair journey, I had found another site (not this one) and was following the steps from that site. I only found this site about a week ago.

Anyway, my question is about notifying the AG. I don't see a lot about that on this board, but the other site that I started with has the steps as dispute, request validation, if no validation contact AG and ask them to make the creditor stop collecting and reporting, then file suit if that doesn't work.

Do you here at this site believe that contacting the AG doesn't work or is there some other reason for not really including this as part of the general steps you take in credit repair?

Thanks
    R

2. rocket1977

rocket1977 Well-Known Member

I actually just got through with an OC who was reporting negative information about me. They completely ignored me after sending 3 letters, and verified the listing with the CRA 3 times.

I definetly got their attention when I filed a complaint with the BBB. I filed an online complaint and the OC was calling me less than a week later to see what I wanted. I recently got a letter stating they were going to delete the tradeline. It has not happened yet, but it has only been a few days.

To me, filing a complaint with the BBB will probably get their attention.

http://www.bbb.org

I never filed a complaint with the AG. I am not sure how that would work out.

3. rhondak

Did you tell them ahead of time that you were going to file a complaint w/BBB or did you just do it?

Thanks for responding, by the way!

R

4. rocket1977

In one of my letters I warned of "further action." After they ignored me and verified the third time, I just went online anf filed the complaint. Within a week they were calling me asking me what the deal was. I still might not be finished if the TL does not get deleted soon.

Light a fire under their ass!

5. rocket1977

6. rhondak

thanks for the info.

I'm kind of in a waiting period right now. Just sent out letters the other day, so not much I can do but wait for a few weeks now...