AU...how does it work?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by oreo, Apr 6, 2001.

1. oreo

oreo Guest

my wife has a couple of Providian cards...and after reading the posts here,
    I thought it would be a good ideal to have her put me on as an authorized user.
    she agreed and she called providian and providian said ok," they would put me on the
    account and when i used her card , someone would have to call providian to verify."

providian said they would not report any info to the credit bureas on my behave as an AU.
    providian said they wouldn't send out additional cards.

What's up with that?

i informed my wife that people on this board ask for interest reductions and increases
    all the time and they usually get them...she asked for one and they said 'NO',

providian said...we review periodically and you'll get increases then...
    my wife's had the cards over a year and has never been late on payments...

any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

2. jen

jen Well-Known Member

Hi there...Don't know what to say about the AU situation, but if you have her call directly into the retention dept she should definitely be able to get better terms on the account. Most people have gone from 24.9 to 16.9 and been able to get the annual fee waived. Some have even gotten a grace period. The number is 800-215-7318. Good Luck!

3. oreo

oreo Guest

great...thanks

4. rob

rob Guest

oreo:

Is your credit that bad that you can't get your own card?....try orchard bank (orchardbank.com) or CapOne (capitalone.com) and try to get your own card.

rob

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Rob is it

really necessary to insult people every time you post? Too bad you can't get away withn your dueling personalities anymore. Loser.