AU on Cap 1

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dlo64, Aug 21, 2001.

1. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

If you become an AU on someones Cap1 account, does this account show up on your credit file?

I know an AU on a Sears account shows up on the AU's credit file and I know there are a few others as well I just can't think of them off hand.

2. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

Yes they do report you as an authorized user. I have a Cap 1 card that my wife is authorized on, and she has one that I am authorized on.

Hope this helps...

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

yes, au of Cap 1 show up on all three. just without a true credit limit reporting so it can draw down your credit ratios and hurt your scores.

4. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Thanks all. I just need to add a new tradeline for post BK purposes. I know Cap 1 doesn't report limits and that can hurt the score, but I will deal with that later.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU CAN CHARGE OR BALANCE TRANSFER 99% of the credit line, then pay in full...(ALMOST CREDIT LIMIT REPORTED)...

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

George is right. If it an existing account you will get the benefit of the entire history of the primary user. If it's a couple of years old, you can ask for the primary to cancel your AU status and then it should report closed. (in theory)....