authorize user/joint account

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by popnsan, Apr 21, 2001.

1. popnsan

popnsan Member

How does being a authorized user on a credit card account affect your credit,is it treated the same as if it was a individual or joint account?

2. Kathy

Kathy Guest

Re: authorize user/joint accou

I dont' know but my daughter is AU on her fiancee's recent (Jan 2001) Wells Fargo Platinum and his Nextcard. Both are showing on his reports, but neither is on hers. She was hoping this would help her, but neither reports. It would be nice because he has WF $8K limit balance $200 (average) and NextCard $6500 limit -0- balance.

3. popnsan

popnsan Member

Re: authorize user/joint accou

All three CRA's are reporting my wife as a authorized user on two of my accounts!

4. Kathy

Kathy Guest

:(

Must be nice, she really really needs the help. Her score is terrible following a divorce and other problems, but she is young and will bounce back soon, we hope.

5. FoolEugene

FoolEugene Member

Re: :(

AU is not as good as main or joint account holder. Builds credit slower, if at all. My brother's wife (AU on all his cards for more than a year) cannot get anything in her own name. He was able to get prime cards only after six months of using a secured card and no previous history.