Authorized user on card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Jun 4, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

I'm an AU on a Macys card and I was wondering if I remove myself how would this be reported on my credit report? Would the account show up as closed by consumer or would it show up as something else?

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Steve,

Sorry for the late response. When I was a AU on Nordstrom's I asked my Mom (who was the account holder) to remove me from the account. Nordstrom's went back and deleted the tradeline on all three credit reports. From my experience I believe AU tradelines are only reported as long as the AU is still on the account. Hope this helps.

Dani

3. TommyC

TommyC New Member

Hi Steve,
    I was an AU on an American Express Charge card
    and when my roommate moved, he kept the AmEX, and it shows up on my credit reports as a positive tradeline as: "Account relationship terminated." This may be specific only to American Express though, I'm not sure. Best wishes, TommyC

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOUR LUCKY YOU GOT REMOVED...

I had my wife as a JOINT on JC PENNEYS and MERVYNS...I wanted her to get credit on her own...just in case...so I asked JC PENNEYS and MERVYNS to remove her from the accounts...

THEY ASKED WHAT MARITAL PROBLEMS WE WERE HAVING...DIVORCE, SEPARATION...ETC...I SAID NONE...

THEY SAID I CAN'T REMOVE HER WITH-OUT CAUSE!!!
    SO I REMOVED BOTH OF US...CLOSED BOTH ACCOUNTS!!!

ARE THEY STUPID OR WHAT????