authorized user

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Apr 17, 2000.

  1. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    I have a question. A friend of mine is getting divorced and his soon to be exwife had several charges on his card. Now I know he is resposible for the charges, since he is the primary card holder. But right now he is in family court and is wondering if there is any way he can get copies of these charges with her signatures and try to get the family court judge make her resposible for her part of the bill?? Mind you she claimed to the judge that she never used the card, so is there a way to get copies of charges and signatures?? Also the account was already put into collections, can he still contact the card company for copies?? He realizes that he is responsible to pay the bank himself, just wondering if he can pursue this in family court. Thanks
  2. Kristy - c

    Kristy - c Guest

    You can always get the courts to say the charges were hers. It's up to the discretion of the judge. However, creditors don't care what the judge rules in divorce court. You will still be make liable for the debt and if your soon-to-be ex decides not to pay, you get stuck with the bad credit.
  3. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    Thanks for your reply. Can he however request copies of the charges to present it in court, and if so how??
  4. JP

    JP Guest

    Write to the creditor and ask for copies of all charges.

  5. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    Is that you JP1, if so HELLO!! Thanks

Share This Page