auto financing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by confused, Jan 22, 2001.

1. confused

confused Guest

Okay, people, here I go again. Last time I posted, I realized what an idiotic mistake I made by considering eloan. I am wondering who has good rates for auto financing. LIke I said, I'm making about 40k-ish with 16 accounts on my credit report, thirteen in good standing, one for that paltry dollar which I have now paid and two satisfied judgments which will drop in September. Note: I haven't been late on any of the 13 in good standing. Does anyone know if I'll have to come up with like half the purchase price of an auto to be considered or are there lendors for people like me who won't charge 19.9 apr.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I can't believe no one has recommended Household Auto Finance to you. Even most dealer use them for subprime buyers.Have you tried them? My APR is 13.9%

roni

3. Darrell

Darrell Guest

Ford Credit financed my buddy. He put 2.5k down on a $10,500 purchase. His rate is 13.75 percent. His FICO was 590.

confused wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Okay, people, here I go again. Last time I posted, I realized what an idiotic mistake I made by considering eloan. I am wondering who has good rates for auto financing. LIke I said, I'm making about 40k-ish with 16 accounts on my credit report, thirteen in good standing, one for that paltry dollar which I have now paid and two satisfied judgments which will drop in September. Note: I haven't been late on any of the 13 in good standing. Does anyone know if I'll have to come up with like half the purchase price of an auto to be considered or are there lendors for people like me who won't charge 19.9 apr.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Oh no

Not Ford credit again LOL

Mom

5. Darrell

Darrell Guest

RE: Oh no

Mom:

Ford Credit seems to get a mixed bag of reviews on this site. My buddy's experience with them has been good. Very early on in his loan he had a temporary cash-flow problem and called Ford about it. They told him they wouldn't flag him for a late charge as long as his payment was received within 10 days of the due date. That gave him the breathing room he needed.

I also have a loan through them and enjoy the online payment feature. They post the payment within two business days and let you see each day the rate at which interest is accumulating. You can also pay ahead without waiting for your online statement to appear in your email box.

I can't really speak to how well they treat customers who have long-term financial issues.

Basically, I'm happy. I have a 4.9 percent loan on a car I love.

6. My Evil Tw

My Evil Tw Guest

RE: Oh no

Ditto Momof3~~~~~~~~~~Oh no!!!!! Longggggg story.