Auto Insurers that Don't Pull?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nickpaige, Aug 25, 2003.

1. nickpaige

nickpaige Well-Known Member

Since auto insurers know how we drive based on credit reports - I'd like a list of insurers that cannot predict my driving behavior from my CR. Which insurers DO NOT pull CRs? I'm looking for auto insurers in Ohio, btw. Thanks.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MAKE THAT YOUR FIRST QUESTION WHEN YOU CALL!!!
    "I'm looking for insurance...BUT if you pull a credit report...I can not give you any business...since no credit is involved...I will pay for the coverage before the coverage starts"

Credit has NOTHING to do with driving!!!

"IF" credit had everything to do with driving...and visa-versa...

A driver that had...
    NO CLAIMS
    NO TICKETS
    NO ACCIDENTS

WOULD HAVE VERY GOOD CREDIT (IN ALL CASES)!!!

ON THE OTHER-HAND
    ONE WHO HAS GREAT CREDIT COULD...

NEVER HAVE AN ACCIDENT
    NEVER HAVE A TICKET
    NEVER HAVE ANY CLAIMS

(IN ALL CASES)

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THE INSURANCE COMPANIES DON'T EVER LOOK AT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE POOR CREDIT...BUT

NEVER HAVE AN ACCIDENT
    NEVER HAVE A TICKET
    NEVER HAVE ANY CLAIMS

THEY JUST DON'T EXIST (PER THE INSURANCE COMPANIES)

4. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

It's all a rip-off! Just another way to scam us out of our hard earned money

#1 Member

I just ran into this problem a few weeks ago. I tried everybody and I think they all are now pulling credit reports. I mean even the dumpy ones that barely want to pay out on a claim (Insure One). Eventually I went back to the insurance company that insures my townhouse and they for some reason didn't run a credit check but did verify that I didn't have a trade-in that I wasn't paying insurance on. They want you to prove that you have had insurance continues for at least a year and I had to send them a copy of my sales papers to prove I had no trade. Which was only partially true, I kept my other car because they only offered me $500 for a 1996 Pontiac sunfire with 136000 miles. I have to say that I did pay up front for the 6 month policy but it saved me a grand total of 600 bucks. So maybe if you have home/apartment insurance or life insurance policy with a company try them first. Good Luck.

6. safti

safti Active Member

I don't know if this is true or not.But I did read somewhere that State Farm insurance does not believe in pulling credit reports and that they are against it.You may want to check it out.I do remember I read it in a banruptcy discussion group.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

GEICO...YOU MUST DEMAND THEY DON'T PULL...BEFORE YOU ANSWER ONE QUESTION!!!

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They spend MILLIONS OF DOLLARS studying some endangered fly in CA and prevent a hospital from being built...I WOULD LOVE TO SPEND SOME OF THAT MONEY TO STUDY CREDIT vs INSURANCE WITH-OUT THE INSURANCE COMPANIES BEING INVOLVED AT ALL!!!

SOME DOOR TO DOOR STUDY...I WOULD VOLUNTEER TO DO MY WHOLE SUBDIVISION...300+ HOUSES!!!

4 QUESTIONS

1) DO YOU HAVE BAD CREDIT YES-NO
    2) HAVE YOU HAD A TICKET IN THE PAST 10 YEARS?
    3) HAVE YOU FILED ANY CLAIMS IN THE PAST 10 YEARS?
    4) HAVE YOU HAD ANY ACCIDENTS IN THE PAST 10 YEARS

IT COULD EVEN BE A "BLIND" SURVEY...BY ADDRESS ONLY

ONE BONUS QUESTION...DID THE BAD CREDIT CAUSE THE ACCIDENT/TICKET/CLAIM??? "IF" YOU HAD GOOD CREDIT WOULD YOU NEVER HAVE HAD THE ACCIDENT/TICKET/CLAIM???

9. OleMissReb

OleMissReb Well-Known Member

I know I saw State Farm on our inquiry section, however I think they only check for Claims, etc. I think you would have to have horrible credit to get turned down with state farm. We have low to mid 600's and had no problem whatsoever getting best rates available. Progressive I don't believe ever pulled our credit when we had them however.

10. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

I couldnt say whether state farm does it initially or not - I've had them for my auto insurance for 14 years. As soon as they allow new home owners policies, they'll insure my home. In the beginning, my rates were fair and I had excellent credit and then around 97-98, I let my credit nose dive by doing some stupid things, and now I'm on the track to recovering my scores. Not once during that time were my rates ever jacked. Actually, my rates have continued to go down over the years. I'd definitely give State Farm consideration.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They can do 50 "SOFT" per day, every day for all I care "IF" they must...BUT "HARD" is were I draw the line...

I even turned in FARMERS INSURANCE to the STATE OF COLORADO INSURANCE COMISSION...

MY CREDIT IS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY ARE PAID IN FULL BEFORE COVERAGE STARTS...NO CREDIT IS INVOLVED!!!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ONE TICKET 7+ MPH (1983)
    NO CLAIMS
    NO ACCIDENTS

THAT SHOULD SPEAK FOR ITSELF!!!

13. bugman

bugman Well-Known Member

Progressive continues to pull hards on my credit report. I asked my ins. agent and she said they all do.

My problem is even if you pay up front in full there is no difference then if you were on the payment plan.

Why?

because if you miss ONE payment on the payment plan they will cancel your insurance! Hence, they are not providing you any credit. You only get insured for the amount of time you payed.

Unless there's a window of time they have to continue coverage even if not payed for, that would be their only potential loss.

any differing opinions?

bugman

14. Melissap1

Melissap1 Well-Known Member

State Farm has never pulled mine and my dh switched us to Farm Bureau and then back again. I have never had ticket, accident or claim, but my credit score sucks.

15. bugman

bugman Well-Known Member

i think this a great thread and idea

why not explore their thinking?

ANY justification to JACK is OK

other states have banned it

CR from affectin our AUTO.
    obviously consumers are making a stand

GEORGE
    I ask, is this real CREDIT their extending us or NOT?

16. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT!!!!
    PAID IN ADVANCE OF COVERAGE
    THEY WILL SHUT OFF COVERAGE THE DAY AFTER IT IS LATE

17. denied

denied Well-Known Member

Something else to keep in mind: they all lie.

I imagine that the CSRs are just misinformed, which is sad in itself, but when I was shopping for auto and home insurance back in April I called pretty much everywhere.

My favorite was Allstate where the girl promised me over and over again that they didn't have to pull a credit report. They were nice enough to hit me with 2 hards. (one for home and one for auto I guess?)

Companies I found that held to their word were Amica, who claimed they never pulled a report anyway, Geico was pretty good about it but I had to fight them to prevent the hard inquiry, and AIG who I ended up using for my car insurance.

I've heard from others that AIG loves to pull CR, but I managed to slide in under the wire. Guessing it had something to do with me coming back as a former customer.

course, YMMV.

18. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

It's all a rip-off! Just another way to scam us out of our hard earned money
    SoParkDiva
    Tis.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

19. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

If you are in Cali, Mercury won't pull.

20. moneyelf

moneyelf Well-Known Member

I moved to a high risk state (uninsured drivers, high drunk driver rate, bad news all around) and rates are through the roof here. So I went with Dairyland. They do not pull, were the cheapest for me-my driving record is spotless-but they do consider how long you have been a resident of the state you live in. Discounts for paying for more than one month at a time and the rate drops a liltte each month as you pay consistently on time.