Auto Insurers that Don't Pull?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nickpaige, Aug 25, 2003.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Here's my opinion:

GEORGE is right that our credit is none of their business. But because of that, not even soft inquiries can be justified. Any credit report or credit score can distort their underwriting decision, especially when they're looking for excuses anyway.

2. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

Geico pulls TU, BUT my scores are in the 530 range and I got a preferred rate. She checked my driving record and it was perfect. No tickets, accidents or claims. I should also mention that I do not have the 1 year insurance history that most companies look for, I had only had my other insurance for 5 monoths when I switched to Geico.

Just a thought, it may be worth a hard to get a good rate.

3. ajordan

ajordan Well-Known Member

I just signed up with Geico about a week ago and they did not pull any report. I got my quote online then called to change it a little and buy the policy.

I had no prior insurance - it had lapsed, but I have an impecable driving record.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Just a thought, it may be worth a hard to get a good rate.
    trish6103
    Not really when they shouldn't even be using reports for insurance/
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''
    PS
    New Member Must Reads.---------------------------
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=350770#post350770

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=314910#post314910

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=352826#post352826

Sample letters
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/index.php?s=

WhyChats statute of limitations
    http://community-2.webtv.net/Y-chat/WhyChatsCredit/

http://community-2.webtv.net/Y-chat/WhyChatsCredit/

statute of limitations http://www.edebtnetwork.com/content/collection_laws.asp

5. wordgirl

wordgirl Member

In Florida, State Farm is very up-front about when and if they will pull CRs. As I recall the notices I got, they pull for all new customers, but DO NOT use that information in determining rates. They will use it, however, in determining whether or not you will be allowed to split your payment into monthly installments.

I have had State Farm for five years, and have never seen a hard inquiry. I did get a soft marketing-related inquiry when they launched their financial services division.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Auto Insurers that Don't Pull?

1 DAY AFTER THE PAYMENT IS LATE...CANCELED!!!

How does a GOOD CREDIT REPORT PREVENT THE PAYMENT FROM BEING LATE??? On the other hand..."IF" YOU HAVE POOR CREDIT AND MAIL THE CHECK 2 WEEKS BEFORE IT IS DUE...HOW DOES THE POOR CREDIT MAKE IT LATE???

7. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

The only insurance company in Ohio that doesn't pull your cr is Erie Insurance.

HOWEVER, it's the flippin' agent that you must worry about. It doesn't matter (from my understanding) who you get insurance through in Ohio, you still sign a paper saying that they can in the future pull.

8. sahlegian

sahlegian Well-Known Member

Sirrowan is correct I live in Ohio and have Erie Insurance, they do not pull. However I told them they could pulll just to tyr and score abetter rate.. Once again ERIE does not pull

9. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

I know that Erie doesn't pull.

This is what I mean.

I called an agent that uses Erie (among other insurance companies) and I was told that even though Erie didn't pull, the agent WOULD. I think that this was most definitely a way to increase the premiums charged. I didn't go with that particular agent. I went with someone else who sold Erie insurance AND didn't pull your cr.

10. nickpaige

nickpaige Well-Known Member

I tried GEICO and Amica - neither pulled. Although, I did get a quote earlier this year from GEICO so maybe that is why they didn't pull this time around - they pulled TU in March.

11. nickpaige

I tried GEICO and Amica - neither pulled. Although, I did get a quote earlier this year from GEICO so maybe that is why they didn't pull this time around - they pulled TU in March.

12. nickpaige

13. nickpaige

14. eriqnoodle

eriqnoodle Well-Known Member

Have to disagree with you George. Statistically, people with poor credit histories have poor driving histories also. Although I am not a fan of pulling credit histories, its becoming a fact of life.

Next up: Credit histories pulled when opening up a bank account. Wachovia does this now. They will not consider you until you give them permission for the credit pull.

15. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Have to disagree with you George. Statistically, people with poor credit histories have poor driving histories also
    eriqnoodle
    ===============
    How much a pound did you pay for this B*** S*** or was it free?

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    _____

16. safti

safti Active Member

IMO the only thing insurance companies need to be concerned about is (1) Driving record and(2) insurance history.PERIOD!!

17. nickpaige

right Safti,

There's another thread floating around here that wants to begin fighting this rampant use of credit scores and reports. I also stated a couple of weeks ago that my credit was pulled for utilities - HEAT and phone. I need heat - you could argue that a phone is a luxury - but gas to warm my home isn't. Something must be done about this. For the gas company to check my credit it lowers my score - that's a fact - and then when my auto insurer pulls it - the score is lower. Nothing has changed. Except, I want to heat my home. So, what if this pull puts the FICO below a certain cutoff? My rates will go up or I might be dropped. Then if I attmept to shop around my score goes down point by point because I want to be a responsible consumer.

However, if I choose to stay with my insurer THEY make more money because now that my score is lower my rates go up - then again - I am now more likely to be a worse driver because I chose to heat my home and have a lower FICO.

18. nickpaige

So - they want to view your credit history because you want to give them your money?

Wachovia: We'll need to pull credit to let you have access to your money.
    nickpaige: Really? So, you don't trust me with my own money?
    Wachovia: No, of course not. Buwhahaha!

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU MUST WORK FOR AN INSURANCE COMPANY AND HAVE TO TOW THE LINE~~~~

EXAMPLE---MY BROTHER...

NO CLAIMS
    NO ACCIDENTS
    NO TICKETS

POOR CREDIT---EX WIFE MESSED IT UP REAL GOOD (with-out his knowledge)

HE GETS TO PAY HIGHER RATES!!!

WHAT ARE DRIVING RECORDS FOR???
    WHAT ARE INSURANCE CLAIMS REPORTS FOR???

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY WANTA' PULL A CREDIT REPORT FOR ME TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT...THEY DON'T GET MY MONEY!!!

How about I give them $1,000 CASH and they "HOLD" it for 5 days to make sure it doesn't BOUNCE!!!