Auto Insurers that Don't Pull?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by nickpaige, Aug 25, 2003.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Auto Insurers that Don't Pull?

How about I give them $1,000 CASH and they "HOLD" it for 5 days to make sure it doesn't BOUNCE!!!

GEORGE~~A.K.A. RODNEY DANGERFIELD
    =================
    LOL __ anotherGEORGE goodie

2. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Auto Insurers that Don't Pull?

Hey, Eriqnoodle,

Can you produce these statistics? I would LOVE to get my hands on them. Like the sampling data and everything.

We all know that statistics are a manipulative.

I have a good driving record. I do not have any tickets. BUT, the key factor is that I have never caused an accident IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! So you say that statistically, I can go around causing accidents, but because my credit rating is better, I should pay a lower premium, even though insurance doesn't have a damn thing to do with credit?

Next thing I know, I will have to have my credit report pulled for my YMCA membership. "Well, sirrowan, we KNOW that it has nothing to do with your credit, but we can CHARGE you more for your membership."

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Auto Insurers that Don't Pull?

THE STORY---(not a expert)

A sample group of insured who had tickets, claims, and accidents had their credit reports pulled and they found that they basically had POOR CREDIT for the most part...

...BUT they did NOT pull the CREDIT REPORTS for the majority of other customers who NEVER had a ticket, accident, or claim...

FOR A "REAL" SURVEY...YOU WOULD HAVE TO PULL 100% OF YOUR CUSTOMERS CREDIT REPORTS AND CROSS-REFERENCE WITH TICKETS, ACCIDENTS AND CLAIMS...TO GET A TRUE STATEMENT OF FACT THAT "POOR CREDIT CAUSES ACCIDENTS, CLAIMS, AND TICKETS"

There are more stores to REFUTE their findings than stories that PROVE their findings...

INSURANCE STUDY---RED FLAG RIGHT THERE!!!

4. Neil

Neil Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Auto Insurers that Don't Pull?

Safeco didn't for us in January - TX