Auto Loan w/ bad credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Myers, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Myers

Myers Guest

Looking for good auto loan online. Was declied by household

2. kenny

kenny Well-Known Member

www.householdauto.com

3. Larry

Larry Guest

Hi Myers,
    I was also turned down by Household... and took note on the advise of people on this board... I went to the dealer directly and they helped me find a financer... "CharterOne" is helping me finance my car at 12% interest. I have a delinquent acct from '96.

Good luck !!

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

cool. that is a good rate. Better than my household rate of 13.9%.

roni

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Roni

You got a damn good rate of 13.9%. Seriously. Most people should expect to get the 18%,20%, 24% rates from household auto or other "subprime" lenders. I know at least 3 folks personally who got the 20% rate at household.

Paying $20K for a $10K card over 4 years is CRAZY.

I might talk to them again, if i could get a 13.9% loan, i'd be driving a pretty new car right now.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I might add...

I got an auto loan through Fireside Thrift Co. <sigh> To beat that 19.81% interest rate, I have doubled up on my payments to pay off faster and avoid some of those charges. Most people can't afford to do that though....

7. mt

mt Guest

RE: I might add...

That is what I'm going to do, however, I have one debt to remove from my credit report prior to doing anything. Paying more is a good idea, just make sure that they apply additional $$ to principal.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I have a plan too.

I plan to send in my military bonus check ($10K ~ 7K after taxes) to household. Any tips on refinancing. I have to wait until 11/01 after my latest late comes off.

roni

9. me40501

me40501 Guest

RE: I have a plan too.

I financed my car through my credit union at work. I have 5 defaulted student loans and they are listed in collections on there too. So I have a total of 10 negative accounts listed on my reports. They gave me a car loan at 7.85%. Now whenever I need to get money to buy stuff, I just get loans against the money I have in my account.

10. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: I have a plan too.

Man your credit union 'hooked' you up..

roni