Auto Loans and More (read)

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BarryN, Mar 4, 2001.

1. BarryN

BarryN Guest

I am seeking some personal input from those of you that have experiences with the following products or issues.

Auto Loans:

Which car manufacturer is the easisest to ge approved? GMAC - Chrysler - Ford - Honda - Etc?

What sub-prime car lender is easiet to get approved? Lending Tree - Household Etc?

What was your experience in the process? Are you pleased with the results?

Credit Restoration:

How long have you been working on it? What are you successes?

Did you do the work yourself? Or did you hire an agency?

Email your experiences to research@creditmania.com

By answering these questions, you'll be helping many folks like yourself. We plan on posting results on our site, as well as publish many of the suggestions in our newsletter.
    Anonymity is a priority and will be strictly honored.

Thanks for your time,

BarryN
    CreditMania.com

2. Thomas

Thomas Guest

Auto Loans:

Ford has a very liberal credit policy and the interest rates are not bad for challenged credit.

Credit Restoration:

Decided to do all of it myself after I was ripped off by the credit restoration company called "StarOne Financial"
    from the creditmania site, Barry. They took my money and I never heard another word from them. This was 6 months ago.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Everyone here is smart enough to fire off the first 3 rounds of credit dispute letters, and remove the easier items. I'm sorry to hear that you got scammed, but at least others know now that scam sites are still publicly advertised.

Household is easy to qualify for , but at a ridiculous interest rate.

Obviously, any car maker will have more generous financing on their less "desired" models. Low-end models.

but don't expect a great interest rate. 17-21% is nominal for a bad credit car loan, the same as most subprime cards.

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I received an auto loan about 2.5 years ago (through the dealer) from Traveler's Acceptance Corporation.
    I have since paid the loan off (6 mths early), but my experience with them was nothing but positive.
    The reps were very nice and professional (I only called maybe twice), they reported to all three bureaus
    faithfully and accurately and as an "auto" loan. My title was sent to me quickly after my last payment was sent to them. I am
    not sure if someone can ask for a loan or if the dealer has to initiate it though.

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I have had success with Nissan and a few months ago with Mitsubishi, 0% down, 0% APR, 0 payments till 7/01, I got an Eclipse to hold me over till Nissan brings back the "Z" in the middle of 2002. I lost my 300ZX to water damage. I would never use a credit restoration or credit fixing operation. We know you can do this work yourself.
    Better credit is available through hard work, patience and discipline.

http://www.creditsense.com