auto loans

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by teesha, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Rina

Rina Well-Known Member

600ish scores are rather low to expect good dealer financing rates, and at the end of the day, it's still a Ford. I think someone already pointed it out, but if it's not an Eddie Bauer, you're getting hosed. Even if it were an Eddie Bauer, there's plenty of room to improve that price. For such a high amount, you're likely to find yourself upside down on this loan in very short order.

Since you just bought a house, they may be gunshy about loaning you money. New homeowners are statistically more prone to go into a lot of debt. Purchase something within your means instead; it may not be new or come fully-equipped, but you won't subject yourself to substandard lending rates because you overdid the hard INQs.

2. tnobles

tnobles Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auto loans

well, you said you bought it at an auction, if you bought it at a car lot, that it is not an auction. The way auctions work, there is 3 ways cars are auctioned off. Green light, yellow, and red light. Green light means the car is mechanically sound within 300 dollars, if you find anything wrong with the car that is not VISIBLE, you can arbitrate the car (bring it back) Yellow light is the same as a green light but with an announced defect. Red light is, as is. In other words, if you by the car under a red light and the car breaks in 2 pieces when you leave the auction, you had better get 2 wreckers because you own it.

3. tnobles

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auto loans

Teesha, sorry to interupt you're thread, that was not my intention, but CAN you join a credit union? I am telling you, EVERYONE under the sun turned me down, but when I joined the credit union, they approved me on the spot for 100% financing.

4. shortt23

shortt23 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auto loans

Sorry Teesha for using your thread. Tnobles, I phrased it wrong. The dealer was getting rid of his cars at the auction. It had no announced defects but it was sold under arbitrate. My mother told by brother to make sure nothing was wrong with it, so she because she didn't have to pay if it was or could negotiate with the dealer. I don't want to keep posting on her thread. Can I email you?

5. tnobles

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auto loans

Sure.

6. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auto loans

No problem about using my thread..Well I do not have to worry about buying a car anymore my honey love purchased me a 2003 Tahoe for valentines day...Well actually it is also a little wedding gift.. We are get married saturday.... He is so great

7. tnobles

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: auto loans

Ahhh, Teesha, Tahoes are awesome too, though I do prefer Fords!!!! Congrats on the wedding!!!!

8. teesha

teesha Well-Known Member

Thanks tnobles after being together since highschool and two spoiled rotten boys later we figured it was time...

9. shortt23

shortt23 Well-Known Member

Big congrats and best wishes.

10. perezrespo

perezrespo New Member

there are lots of auto agencies that can help you in this regard. you may try for this one - Used Cars

11. jjgross

jjgross Well-Known Member

this thread is 5 years old.