Awesome credit day

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mike2, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Mike2

Mike2 Well-Known Member

Folks, I have been working on straightening up my credit-life for awhile now. I didn't take any shortcuts at all, I just paid my debts off, and decided to live with the fallout. I didn't dispute valid items. But, I did open 2 new accounts, and have micro-managed everything for 2 years now, and have been maintaining a spotless record. I still have no prime cards, and I still have low limits, which doesn't bother me too much. This morning, I creeped up to 610 FICO. In the last week, Cap1 doubled my $600 limit to $1200 without my asking, and this afternoon, my credit union granted me a loan for a 1 year old SUV, some $24,000, and gave me 7.5% interest. This auto was the dream for me for two years, and I'm still pinching myself. Of course, I am still being taken to the absolute cleaners on insurance, but then a guy can't have everything, huh? Sorry if you had to read this and take nothing from it, I simply am expressing my happiness and thanks to the board. I'll keep reading 'em if you keep posting 'em.

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Congrats, Mike2! Everyone has the right to chirp about their credit successes here. So keep on chirping, Dude.

We're happy for ya!

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Congrats Mike!

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

congrats! lol I am paying 23.99apr for my car loan.....

5. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations on your hard work and enjoy the SUV.

Dani

6. newstdt

newstdt Well-Known Member

That's really Awesome Mike!!

Congratulations!! We need to hear good stories like yours. It helps us to know we can all achieve better credit down the line with work and patience.

Enjoy your SUV!!!!

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey...don't trip. They beat me up for 19.81%!!!! I didn't care because my whole idea was to pay more than the minimum and after 1 year, try to clean up my Experian report and apply at my credit union (they denied me originally). I called them on Tuesday and did an application over the phone. They pulled my credit right there and asked me a few questions (I guess to make sure it indeed was my report) and submitted everything for approval. They said that I qualified for 11.4% financing over 48 months. Hey.......that's better than 19.81% and this way I have a true auto loan from my bank and not some rape artist finance company. They knocked 1% off because I went w/ automatic deduction from my checking account. I'm supposed to hear from them today. I'm still praying...

On another good note, I am only upside down in my car by $48! I thought I was going to have to pay out the pocket a few grand or so at LEAST but I was willing to do whatever to get away from the rapists. I was happy to say the least. The only *Potentially Negative* items I have on Experian are a satisfied judgment, 2 paid student loan collections, 1 current student loan (was a collection), and that Ford paid chargeoff which will be gone in Feb 02. The loan rep wasn't trippin off my report and said it looked all good. We'll see.....I should of asked him for my score....dang!

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I definatlly got raped on my car loan lol... upside is that I saved by canceling the full insurance , and switched to liability after I got the car. That was 3 years ago.

My credit has come a long way since then. Of course reading post from this board has been quite a helpfull.

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations, MP$40. I wish that I had the funds to pay more than the minimum on my car when I first got it. I hope you get approved for the new financing. I know how it feels to want to get away from the "rapists".

10. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

That's fantastic news! Good for you and all your hard work. Welcome to the SUV world.

I am paying 18.9% on my loan, but will be refinancing through my credit union soon. You certainly received an awesome rate!

Keep up the good work!

11. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I would like to congradulate Mike2 and MP$40 on their credit success - particularly with the credit unions. As you may know, the CU's have helped me enormously in the restoration of my credit.

Best regards,

Jim