az state tax lien

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by frankowes, Jul 24, 2001.

1. frankowes

frankowes Well-Known Member

I have a state tax lien from arizona on my credit reports entered 08/93. I have been thinking about paying it off, however, I got my experian report last year, august 12th, 2000. It said it was schedeuled to drop off 08/2000 so i thought i would wait to see what happened. I have just ordered a new round of reports. It is listed on my transunion and equifax, I am waiting for my experian. I went to the az state website and it says that unpaid tax liens can remain forever, i seem to remember going to their website last year and it said seven years. On my new transunion it says that it depends on your state of residence. I'm confused, have the laws changed? I have been a resident of California for 13 years.

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

There was a change in the law. It took effect in September, 2000. Before the change, a tax lien was reported for 7 years whether paid or not. Now a paid tax lien is reported for 7 years from the date paid and an unpaid lien is reported for 15 years from the date the lien was recorded.

3. aigle

aigle Well-Known Member

Is the az lien collectible? Is there a statute of limitations under az state law?

Don't pay it!!!! :)

4. frankowes

frankowes Well-Known Member

10 years. I'm gonna check my experian. I should get it today or tomorrow. If it is off of that I'll dispute the other CRAs.