<b>CHANGES TO BOARD - Please r

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by <b>pbm</b>, Feb 22, 2001.

1. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<HTML>Dear Patrons-

On Friday, February 23 sometime between 5PM - midnight PST, the Creditnet message board will down for maintenance. We expect the board to be down for no more than two hours. The changes address known software bugs as well issues that some of you have raised (e.g., expanded search results beyond 20 hits).

With these changes we hope to express our commitment to keep this board the most informative and useful discussion board for credit-related matters. We thank you for your continued patronage, and trust you find the new board and improvement over the old.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Creditnet.com

</HTML>

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: CHANGES TO BOARD - Please

Is it going to include a spell check for the bad spellers (automatic like AOL MAIL)???

I'm tired of cutting and pasting on NETSCAPE COMPOSER and then using spell check, then cutting and pasting again...

3. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Hay, mah spelin are prety gud. I aint kneading no spel checer.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Juste foor the baad splrs...

cince you spll goode you wonn't ned it.

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

A place for letters

Would it be possible for us to have a "place" to post sample letters? That way, other people won't have to dig though posts and we won't have to continually repost letters all the time.

6. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

RE: A place for letters

Hmm...ima spel chekin fer Marie...

other people won't have to dig though posts

uther pepul wont havta dig thRough posts...

...(Sorry Marie, I couldn't resist)

: ) Hal

7. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: spelling but nothing to do

EuroEnglish

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby
    English will be the official language of the EU rather than German, which
    was the other possibility. As part of the negotiations, Her Majesty's government
    conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted
    a 5 year phase in plan that would be known as "EuroEnglish":

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c".. Sertainly, this will make the sivil
    servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favor of the "k". This should klear up konfusion and keyboards kan have 1 less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with the "f". This will make words like "fotograf" 20% shorter.

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of double letters, which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. Also, al wil agre that the horible mes of the silent "e"'s in the language is disgraceful, and they should go away.

By the 4th yar, peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaiining "ou" and similar changes vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of leters. After zis fifz yer, ve vil hav a reli sensibl riten styl. Zer vil be no mor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it
    ezi tu understand ech ozer.

ZE DREM VIL FINALI KUM TRU!!

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: spelling

LOL! Great post! Sometimes we need to quit thinking about credit and take a fresh look at life.

Asking that credit repair question for the 101st time can always wait til tomorrow. :):)

9. mba

mba Well-Known Member

I was not aware that you are modifying your Board, but I do want to alert you that this past week from time to time I was able to get the title to a posting but the lines comprising the posting were missing or were jumbled so close together that they could not be read. Also, I posted an inquiry asking how long it should take for a CRA to get one a copy of his credit report and at one time there were a total of six messages but the number "6" was replaced by thew number "1". This also occurred I believe within the past week:

" How long should it take to receive a credit report (1) MBA 02-18-2001 13:30 02-18-2001 13:42"

There are actually 7 messages, I believe, as pasted below:

"

Credit Card Board | Terms of Service
    New Topic | Go to Top | Go to Topic | Search Previous Message | Next Message
    Subject: How long should it take to receive a credit report
    Author: MBA (spider-wa014.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 02-18-2001 13:30

I was denied credit. I wrote for my free credit report on December 11th. I wrote again on January 2nd. I wrote again on January 20th. I wrote to a supervisor on January 27th. I spoke to the supervisor on February 7th. It is now February 18th. I have not received my credit report.

What do you, the participants at this message board, recommend I do next. I mailed a follow up letter today to the Supervisor by Priority Mail and should be able to track the delivery of my letter to them.

Other than filing suit, is there anything else that I can do?

Reply To This Message Previous Topic | Next Topic

Topics Author Date
    How long should it take to receive a credit report
    MBA 02-18-2001 13:30
    did you call?
    sam 02-18-2001 13:37
    RE: did you call?
    Claudio 02-18-2001 13:39
    MBA 02-18-2001 16:48
    Darrell 02-18-2001 17:49
    RE: How long should it take to receive a credit re
    Geo 02-18-2001 18:22
    RE: How long should it take to receive a credit re new
    Jay 02-22-2001 10:11

New Topic | Go to Top | Go to Topic | Search . . . "

Thank you very much for your attention to this posting.

Mark B. Aronson
    in Pittsburgh, PA
    mba9999@aol.com
    February 23, 2001 at 11:15 a.m. EST.

10. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<b>RE: CHANGES TO BOARD - Plea

<HTML>Thanks to posts such as yours we learned some time ago that the number of replies indicated in the list does not always correctly reflect the actual number of replies. This is one of the software bug that have been fixed in the new version.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Creditnet.com
    </HTML>