<b>RE: Board Changes</b>

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by <b>pbm</b>, Mar 8, 2001.

1. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<HTML>Thank you for your comments and suggestions regarding the migration to new board software.

Based on your feedback it is clear that blocking Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. may directly impact those users who do not have an alternate email address. We will therefore accept all email addresses for registration purposes.

With respect to the signup procedure, we would keep this limited to username and email address only. When a user registers, we will confirm the address by sending a message to that email account. Once the message is replied to in the affirmative, the user will have access.

We do not intend to configure the board software to display a user's email address. This is to protect registered users from individuals who visit the board looking for email addresses to extract for spamming purposes. Remember, the board will be readable to all. Only posting to the board will require registration.

If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to comment.

Thank you.
    pbm

Creditet</HTML>

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

RE: Board Changes

pbm,
    Thank you for listening.

I am confident that with your attention to the problem and your careful consideration of the solutions, the problem (while never being eliminated) will be minimized.

Again thanks, and as an avid reader of this board I know others appreciate (as I of course do) what you are doing for us here. Keep up the great work.

-Dave

3. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Pretty Good Guess? / THX

Hey PBM - didn't I describe your possible technical options accurately a few snaps back? :)

WE ALL APPRECIATE YOU and your quick responses. That was brilliant how Hotmail users, etc, let you know about a possible problem - you responded immediately - and did the right thing instantly. GREAT!

My personal thanks.
    CYA Dogman

4. kev

kev Guest

Dogman/Dave/someone?

Can someone help me understand how the pbm is and can stop the Bobby abuse? I don't understand the teck terms... Please give me detail what is being done...This whole thing seems to be hurting the board...I went away for a few days thinking the topic would be gone and now it's back. Maybe if we act like he's not there he will go away!!!

5. kev

kev Guest

Dogman/Dave/someone?

Can someone help me understand how the pbm is and can stop the Bobby abuse? I don't understand the teck terms... Please give me detail what is being done...This whole thing seems to be hurting the board...I went away for a few days thinking the topic would be gone and now it's back. Maybe if we act like he's not there he will go away!!!
    It's like the guy's got too much power!!!
    Thanks in advance for the update.
    kev