<b>RE: Full IPs now displayed<

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by <b>pbm</b>, Apr 5, 2001.

1. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<HTML>As an FYI, the full IP address is displayed not only for new messages but for *all* messages in the archive. This makes for some interesting reading (and a few surprises) when you revisit older threads, particularly those plagued by multiple personalities.

Enjoy! ;-)

pbm

Creditnet</HTML>

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

RE: Full IPs now displayed<

If the "search by author" feature could search by IP # it would beeven more telling I am sure...-Dave

3. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

RE: Full IPs now displayed<

I agree Nave that the search by author feature would be even more telling. Although personally, I have been able to spot one poster who uses 4 authors names. I still do not get that one.

I guess that explains why we have digressed to a board that only wants to see the negative characteristics that certain people exhibit, and not to a board that has friendly constructive opinions on how to ascertain, clean up, and repair negative credit information.

I hope with the new changes that are about to take place "we" can get back to what's important. Atleast, to me that is.

I will probably post more than.

Peace.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Vindication

With IP display and my boredom I have backtracked over our past pseudo anonymous postings and have found facts in evidence to roni's spoofings, LKH's spoofings, Christi's spoofings and several others that have claimed identity and been doubted...well let me say that those who doubted these poster's owe them an apology for the malicious mis-trust thrust upon them by Bobby. (the REAL them)

We owe them a nod of respect for their continued posting throughout this mess as well.

-Dave

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Re: Vindication

I have never doubted a poster on this board. As a long time poster, I have experienced this kind of behavior many times in the past. I appreciate the PBM's efforts to make this what it is, a free forum of idea exchanges to improve and profit from ones credit.

http://www.creditsense.com

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Vindication

Author: Nave (63-217-89-235.sdsl.cais.net)
    Date: 04-06-01 00:09

With IP display and my boredom I have backtracked over our past pseudo anonymous postings and have found facts in evidence to roni's spoofings, LKH's spoofings, Christi's spoofings and several others that have claimed identity and been doubted...well let me say that those who doubted these poster's owe them an apology for the malicious mis-trust thrust upon them by Bobby. (the REAL them)

We owe them a nod of respect for their continued posting throughout this mess as well.

-Dave==nice post dave

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Hay PBM

If you are really smart, and feel like coding it, you can use the Extra information in the cgi environment to read the real IP when folks travel through proxy servers like AOL. All proxy servers divulge the real ip, however its not in the REMOTE_ADDR field..

:)

sam

8. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: Hay PBM

I'm gonna test this, k?

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

let's see what it says now

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

it works!

I won't tell anybody ;)

11. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Re: it works!

yes I will!can't keep quiet,e-mail me

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

ROFL - smartie!

13. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: ROFL - smartie!

Several ways to mask IPs.

14. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

yup. don't tell people who don't know, unless you're sure who they are. I already got a fake email request for the info.

breeze

15. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just testing...

16. me

me Well-Known Member

test