<b>RE: NextCard Plus (subprime

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by <b>pbm</b>, Mar 5, 2001.

1. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<HTML>NextCard has traditionally been known for its products in the prime market. It was not until recently that we learned NextCard also offers products to the subprime market. One of these is the NextCard Plus.

The application page NextCard uses is the same for both prime and subprime. The idea is to host a single application on the front end, then evaluate the submitted application and approve applicants for one or more of their products.

We were not given any details on the credit requirements for the NextCard Plus, other than that it is a subprime card. Have any subprimers here successfully applied for the card? If so we would like to hear from you.

Obviously, it is neither in your best interest, nor in ours or that of NextCard's, to market a card to the subprime market which is either too difficult to obtain or not really intended for such.

Please let us know.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Creditnet</HTML>

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

RE: NextCard Plus (subprime

I was denied. They pulled Transunion and the reps didn't really have any information to tell
    me who could qulaify for the "Plus".

It even gave one adverse reason code as "insufficient credit history". My revolving credit goes
    back 15 years. Again, the reps could not explain this to me.

I agree with many others about this card. I think it offers subprime rates, but only for people
    with prime credit histories.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: NextCard Plus (subprime

denied 3 times in past year. I was approved for citi $4k AA between #2 and #3. #3 last month.

4. Sally

Sally Guest

Nextcard(Forget it)

I called the credit dept and they advised me that they "are not" a easy to get card. I agree with others that they offer sub-prime rates to prime credit histories. You are just wasting your time and "inquiry" if you apply....Sally

5. Jim S.

Jim S. Guest

Re: Nextcard(I have it)

The reason why I orginally asked about this was because I saw this on www.nextcard.com on their terms and conditions web page:

(for APRs)
    Nextcard Plus: The Annual Percentage Rate for Purchases and Balance Transfers currently is a fixed rate of 9.99%.

Nextcard Standard: The Annual Percentage Rate for Purchases and Balance Transfers for the first three billing cycles of your Account (the "Introductory Period") is a fixed rate of 8.99%. Following the Introductory Period, the Annual Percentage Rate may vary and currently is 18.99% and in any event no less than 18.99%.

Nextcard Horizon: The Annual Percentage Rate for Purchases and Balance Transfers is currently a variable rate of 22.99%, and in any event not less than 22.99%.

There is also a Milestone and Summit Visa which are much worse.

You can check this by going to www.nextcard.com, and clicking on the link to apply, then clicking on the terms and conditions link.

I recently applied for a Nextcard Platinum Visa and got what I believe is a Nextcard Plus with a 16.49% apr (6.99% intro) with a $2K balanace transfer. It is also the lowest APR card I have (except for the intro rates).

Since the Nextcard Plus has a 9.99% fixed APR according to the terms and conditions, I don't think it is a subprime card.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

If you apply and get a card, call in w/in the first 30 days and see if there's an upgrade available. They're free and so I don't understand the deal, but I got one of the horrible cards and decided I really didn't want it and the csr asked why I didn't take the upgrade. Upgrade? He gave me 6.99 intro and 16.9 thereafter. There's no annual fee and I've heard if you balance transfer they more than likely increase your limit.

I'd try applying and when you get the card, try to call and upgrade. By the way, I have a 2 year old bk and 9 perfect tradelines since... so my credit ain't perfect by any means :)

7. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I applied for a Nextcard over a month ago and was approved. I received the Nextcard plus. I didn't realize that this was a subprime card until I recently saw it on your page. I got the card with a 92 BK on my credit report.

chet

8. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

I was declined for the second time due to high balances but if you mail your credit report to the reconsideration dept they might do something.Frankly I'm surprised I don't qualify for their basic card, as I just got a chase card.

9. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Nextcard Horizons

"Nextcard Horizon: The Annual Percentage Rate for Purchases and Balance Transfers is currently a variable rate of 22.99%, and in any event not less than 22.99%."

I was just approved for the Nextcard Horizon, but the interest rate is much better than this. I don't remember what the original rate was on the screen, but there were two upgrades if you did a balance transfer. I transferred $1200, and got a 12.99% fixed rate plus the free picture card and rewards program. This was done with clean but new credit. I only had one card over 12 months old, (DMB secured), two Providians and a new Sears card. I applied for the teaser rate, but didn't get that.

I was shocked when I was approved, and expected for the past five days to get a call denying me, but today got an email verifying that they had processed the balance transfers. ;)

After I was accepted for this card, I got brave and tried for Juniper, but was denied...oh well, I need a free credit report :)

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Nextcard Horizons

DON'T FEEL SORRY ABOUT JUNIPER...I was denied with NO negatives except (EXCESSIVE CREDIT LINES).
    Never late, no BK, no collections, no over limit, oldest credit card 1978, income >$70,000 GO FIGURE.

:(

11. jill

jill Guest

NextcardPlus said my loan blalnces were to high. One car loan almost a year old and 5 cards, no lates EVER, perfect payments on everything and two closed paid off loans with perfect payment records. They also said I didn't have enough good credit. One medical in collections, due to drop off next year.

12. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Nextcard plus is definitely a prime card. Comes with a high limit, 9.9 APR and no annual fee. If this isn't prime, I don't know what is.