<b>Welcome back!</b>

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by <b>pbm</b>, Feb 28, 2001.

1. <b>pbm</b>

<b>pbm</b> Guest

<HTML>Welcome back!

Glad to see we survived the transition. We've made a lot of changes to the site, both on the front and back end. The latter required DNS modifications which had the unfortunate side effect of diverting some visitors into the digital abyss for a short time. Now that the changes have propagated worldwide we appear to be in good shape.

So what's new? Everything, really. It's a facelift from the ground up with improved navigation and better organization. Some of the less obvious changes include a rewrite of all copy in the Library plus new additions, new Javascript and CSS stylesheets for those browsers that support it, and major improvements to the local search engines. Those of you who keep Straight Talk loaded in a background window will likely appreciate the automatic refresh (currently set to 15 min). The same holds true for the Industry News section.

Changes to the board are many. One of the most frequent complaints we received was that the board's search engine would not return more than 20 hits. This has been fixed. Another fix addresses the problem whereby the number of replies reported in the message list did not correspond correctly to the actual number of replies in a thread. Note also that we have removed the field for an email address in the submission form to discourage users from using valid email addresses on the board. This is to protect you from those individuals who visit this board in hopes of extracting email addresses for spamming purposes.

A notable new feature of the board is the ability to view the contents of an entire thread at once (unthreaded), rather than one message at a time with subsequent links to the replies (threaded) as had previously been the case. The default is unthreaded. You are free to change that, of course. The changes you make are stored in a cookie file and will dictate the default behavior in all subsequent visits to Straight Talk, provided you have cookies enabled.

Your feedback has been encouraging and very helpful, thank you. If you have any ideas on how to improve your experience on our web site, send them to us. While we continue to listen closely to your suggestions, please understand that we are also still working to complete further changes and can therefore not address all issues right away. Rest assured we are taking notes.

What's next? Chat room among other things.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Creditnet.com</HTML>

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Welcome back!

I just wanted to thank you, you have given the board terrific improvements. I have No complaints. I do agree a chatroom would be very helpful, hope to see that sometime soon:)

Mom

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

PBM,

Thank you for excellent work. I do have one request, which was mentioned
    before by "Judyputy".

Is there a way that you can make messages automatically "wrapped", so that we
    don't have to use the horizontal scroll bar to read the full text of messages? Currently,
    I have to scroll from left to right to read a post, which I didn't have to do before.

I'm using Netscape 4.7, if that helps.

Thanks,

Marci

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I love this board and the new look. Just sent some others the link. Great info, great people and great new look. I'm hooked!

5. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

I really like the new library of articles. They were just what I was looking for, and what a lot of people in here ask about. I love the new look of the forums, and the entire site. Great work!

Dustin

6. mvfl

mvfl Guest

GREAT site!! I love the fact that all the posts in a topic are now displayed. Looking forward to the chat room. Thanks for the hard work and for giving us such a fabulous place to get/give advice.

BTW, Marci - you might try upgrading your browser to fix that text wrap problem. I'm using IE version 5. I just opened the site in Netscape 4.7 too and the text area was much wider than in IE, but still did't have to scroll. My screen resolution is set to 1024x768 though, so you might try changing your resolution or use IE if possible.

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thanks, mvfl, for that helpful information. I will look into that.

Marci

8. Pike

Pike Guest

Thanks for providing an organized, searchable, much-needed service!

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I had to scroll from left to right on Netscape too. Just decrease your font in the view menu. Worked for me. On Explorer, it was perfect.

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Your feedback has been encouraging and very helpful, thank you. If you have any ideas on how to improve your experience on our web site, send them to us. While we continue to listen closely to your suggestions, please understand that we are also still working to complete further changes and can therefore not address all issues right away. Rest assured we are taking notes.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Creditnet.com

==========================================================
    Why did you remove the QUOTE FEATURE from the reply to message box?
    I had to re type your quote above because the Quote Feature is now gone .=What a bummer!

11. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Sincerely,
    pbm Creditnet.com

12. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Decreasing the font helps alot. But now it's very tiny. I can live with it though. Thanks!

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

pbm the new look and functionality is great. Thank you, and CreditNet as well as those of you active user's and poster's of this board.

Definitely one of the more helpful and beneficial sites on the net. Keep it up! -Dave

14. mba

mba Well-Known Member

I love the updated board!!!!! MBA in Pittsburgh 3-01-01