Back-handed tactic

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by penguin, Jul 3, 2001.

1. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

A collection agency (the Northland Group) keeps placing inquiries on my reports! They don't go as far as listing the account, but I'm sure their frequent inquiries for collection purposes hurt. What should I do?

2. Gregory

Gregory Well-Known Member

I would like to know also! They keep doing this to me over a debt that is almost 10 years old and not on my credit report.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Had Same Problem

This company had placed an inquiry on my report. I then received a bill from them. I responded with in the 30 days and sent them a validation letter. They sent the account back to the original creditor and I've never heard from them since! The rep stated that when people dispute the validity of the debt, they just give the account back to the original creditor. They don't do validation.

4. penguin

penguin Well-Known Member

Re: Had Same Problem

Oh, yea. I forgot to mention that I DID send them a validation letter back in March. March was their first inquiry. I haven't heard back from them, so I figured that I chased them away. Then mid-June, ANOTHER inquiry was placed on my report! Do they think I'd forget about them or something? So now that you know the whole story and how sneaky these guys are, what do you think I should do? Thanks for your help!

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Try disputing the inquiries. There's another couple of threads on here about that.

breeze

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DISPUTE THE INQUIRIES...STATE THAT YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT COMPANY.