Back to my old DOLA tricks!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rhonda_b, Jan 6, 2003.

1. rhonda_b

rhonda_b Active Member

OK,

Well I guess I will see if this works by the end of the day...

3 accounts all charged off status due to drop off in 2004

So I contested the DOLA with EQ, and then called the branch, the gave me an oler DOLA and are faxing me the info, which would mean...YES!! Accounts will be dropped off as of tommorrow!!!

So I will post my progress... keep your fingers crossed for me!!

Rhonda

2. hardybj

hardybj Well-Known Member

Rhonda-
    Did you just argue the DOLA or did you have some proof for the CRA to look at?

3. bigmon

bigmon Well-Known Member

I thought of doing this too. Was wondering if they CRA checks or just gives the new DOLA.

4. kit

kit Well-Known Member

doesn't always work-- for me its been about 40% successful, either updated DOLA or deletion when I dispute DOLA. I have proof that the DOLA is wrong on many accounts, but they completely ignore my evidence... its a toss-up.

5. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

OK, I have a Q about DOLA. Exactly what is DOLA on Credit Cards? The reason I ask is my CRA file shows DOLA's that are in some cases as many as 5 years after the date of last payment and default. One even shows a DOLA of AFTER the discharge (meaning last payment and successful completion) ofa CH13. This is obviously a CA or OC re-aging the account to keep it in my CRA file forever., I can actually document the charge off date because, even though it happened in 1997 I still have ALL the collection Letters from OC's and CA Letters for all the debts (who says I'm not a packrat?). If I can prove a DOLA of several years before that reported in my CRA file, do they have to change DOLA? Any ideas on how I should word the letter to the CRA?

For Example: All Dates of last Payment are May 1997. BK Discharged 7/01. Exxon DLA is 7/01, Gulfstate Collections DLA is 7/02, Sears is 12/02. In the Aging History area for the last 24 months, many of them read something like 51111191111 (this in 2002 for a debt that was discharged in BK in 2001 and not paid on outside the CH13 since 1997!!!)

Any suggestions about how I can make life miserable for the CRA or the OC/CA for these obvious breaches of FDCPA?

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

OK, I have a Q about DOLA. Exactly what is DOLA on Credit Cards? The reason I ask is my CRA file shows DOLA's that are in some cases as many as 5 years after the date of last payment and default. One even shows a DOLA of AFTER the discharge (meaning last payment and successful completion) ofa CH13. This is obviously a CA or OC re-aging the account to keep it in my CRA file forever., I can actually document the charge off date because, even though it happened in 1997 I still have ALL the collection Letters from OC's and CA Letters for all the debts (who says I'm not a packrat?). If I can prove a DOLA of several years before that reported in my CRA file, do they have to change DOLA? Any ideas on how I should word the letter to the CRA?

For Example: All Dates of last Payment are May 1997. BK Discharged 7/01. Exxon DLA is 7/01, Gulfstate Collections DLA is 7/02, Sears is 12/02. In the Aging History area for the last 24 months, many of them read something like 51111191111 (this in 2002 for a debt that was discharged in BK in 2001 and not paid on outside the CH13 since 1997!!!)

Any suggestions about how I can make life miserable for the CRA or the OC/CA for these obvious breaches of FDCPA?

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

bump

LB 59