Balance Transfer Game

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mist, Jul 4, 2001.

1. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I just did a balance transfer from card A to card B. Now, I plan on doing another from card B to card A. My reason is because of a satisfactory dispute with card A they will no longer be reporting my account at all with the credit Bureaus which, while I am pleased about that because their misreporting was so bad I never again trust them to report, it skewers my balance to limits ratios. By doing the reverse transfer now I can make up for that. Does anyone know if there are typically any rules/regs for doing what I plan? I can't find anything in terms that would preclude me from doing so.
    Appreciatively,
    Mist

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

As long as they are different banks, you should have no problems. I do this all the time.

www.creditsense.com

3. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Nope, I have BT'ed my money all around with the same 5 cards that I really can't say where the original money is anymore. I had a 12.9 rate with Choice visa (before the rates dropped) they wouldn't lower, so I BT'ed off a load of money to someone else at 8.5% then BT'ed it right back at 6.9 for 6 months. IT WAS THE SAME MONEY.

Choice (citi) has since lowered the rate with the fed drop. You can BT as much or as little as you want. It's only limited by how much work you want to do. I have all mine under 9% now. I am getting ready to see if I can pick up some more BT teaser rates from some open cards that have zero balances.