Balance Transfers

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Scott, Oct 29, 2000.

1. Scott

Scott Guest

Can any on recommend a credit card with a "long term, low rate" balance transfer offer? I have a $9K Discover balance that I would like to transfer. I've tried one or two but was turned down and I don't want to generate any more inquires unless I have a good chance of getting apporved. I have no negatives or late pays etc. on any of my open (or closed) accounts. I have about 10 open accounts, about 5 of them have balances under $700. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Scott

i have no j

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I would close the low limit accounts, then apply for a better card. Discover offers a 9.9% APR on balance transfers, so you may want to try paying them off with some of your other cards, then borrowing at the lower rate. I have done this many times with MBNA.

http://www.creditsense.com

3. JP

JP Guest

I recently received a card from Bank of America with a 8.9% balance transfer rate for the entire period you have a the balance.

JP

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I agree with CreditWorks. I have a Discover Card and when I opened my account they gave me a 3.9% Balance Transfer Rate until March 2001

Reshod

CreditWorks - creditsense.com wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I would close the low limit accounts, then apply for a better card. Discover offers a 9.9% APR on balance transfers, so you may want to try paying them off with some of your other cards, then borrowing at the lower rate. I have done this many times with MBNA.

http://www.creditsense.com

5. Tom

Tom Guest

The question is who going to approve his balance transfer and not which balance transfer deal is better for him .Scott already said he was turned by two creditors.Because of high balance he should try Citibank (2.99% for 9 months) and Nextcard (fixed 9.99%).Both Citibank and Nextcard care less your high balance if you have good credit.

6. Tom

Tom Guest

sorry,I mean "he was turned down by----".

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I have this card too - It is a great deal. I am hoping in December to get a limit increase, so I can transfer more to it. They said they would review it after 9 months and that's December.

Just don't use it for purchases because the purchase APR is pretty steep.

8. newcomer 2

newcomer 2 Guest

That's very True .. Citibank dosn't really care about high balances as long as you have no negatives . I have almost 10 maxed out accounts. Which i will consolidate on their card . most of the other credits aren't gonna like to see high balances . example are chase.. at&T , Give the later one a try they have a good balance transfer rate . But definatly the easiest is citi . as i was declined for almost every other one . ! Good luck,

9. Scott

Scott Guest

Thanks to everyone who is resp

Thanks Again, This is a great board.

Scott