Bam! Chase Gold Approved!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cyprigirl, Nov 8, 2001.

1. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Ok folks! I promise this is the last one!

But I am very excited but I am almost there to reaching my credit goals!

I found out I was approved today for a Chase Gold!

I can't believe it, I even go their denial letter today ,,,hehehe...

I was originally denied but I had to request reconsideration, I sent them hell of a letter. And today I found out I was approved.

My List is as follows now:

1. Amex,, got it!
    2. Chase, got it!
    3. Citibank got it!
    4. Bank of America, got it!

(Shell and Home Depot denied me,, WTF?) Their lost not mine

The main ones left are MBNA and Diners Club, But I think I will hold off on the Diner's Club, Mbna, I will know in a few days.

I am still pinching my self that I am now a AMEX, Citibank and Chase account holders!!! Wow!

Thanks again to this incredible board!

Cypri:)

2. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!

3. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Cypri - way to go! I am so happy for you. That's quite an achievement. So, what report did they pull, what was your score, and did you have any negs on your file?

Hey, btw, please check your email now -- this morning I sent you a copy of an interesting letter I sent to the CRA involved in the little saga I posted about yesterday. Drop me a note letting me know your thoughts.

Congrats again, Cypri.

-chriscraft

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Kapow!! Kongrats Cypri...I hope this is NOT your last one of these approval posts...I like the Bams :)

-Peace, Dave

5. monicagee

monicagee Well-Known Member

Bam! Bam! Congrats Cypri:)

What is the secrect to your success?

Monica

6. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

CYPRI, I knew you would get it! Congrats on ALL your new prime cards. I'm soooooooo happy for you.

mindy

7. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Do you know what your score was to get the gold? What were the reasons was the denial? What report did they pull?

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Congrats Cypri, what a BAM of super banks to get approved with. Good luck to you, but of course you don't seem to need it right now LOL.

9. Cyprigirl

Re: Bam! Bam! Chase Approved!

Bam! Bam! Bam!

I don't know Monica, but I told Chase that I have strong banking relationships with Citibank and Amex which I do now and I will be in the market for a home or car in the near future, which I will be next year or 2003 and when I do I will remember those banks who took care of me. Which I will!!!

Its all about determination, just like you did with Target the other night.

Thanks Again for all the support on this board!!!

Chris I am going to check my e-mail now and send u my thoughts.

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

After reading of your success I decided I'd go all the way and applied for BofA and Chase. I figured it's a lot of inquires for one week, but they'll all fall off at the same time, and I really am not going to be needing any more credit in the near future.

BofA denied me, but the cool thing was they tell you why you are denied right online. The denial reason was my tax lien. Everyone take that one to heart and don't bother applying if you have one.

Chase gave me the "application needs further processing for possible approval" message, but heck -- so did my Citibank AAdvantage Gold application.

11. fand123

fand123 Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I am very happy for you. I hope go for all those cards in the very near future. Can you give us a little detail about your credit profile. ie scores.

12. mindylou

Cypri, have you got your amex card yet?

mindy

13. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

happy dance!

14. Cyprigirl

Dave, I think its best to get all the inquiries out the of the way now, if you believe you have a strong enough score!

I guestimated my score was in the low 700s or high 600s to get Instant approvals with AMEX and they confirmed it for me then i went shopping.

They pulled TU and my score was in the 640 range I believed, now remember they did deny m at first.

But it was not the struggle I had encountered with Citi and AMEX.

ActuallyI have been holding on to the Chase app for months and when I read how strict they were, I just waited it out until the time was right and the report cleaned up.

15. Cyprigirl

No Mindy :( I am still waiting. You?

16. mindylou

Nope, Cypri I haven't gotten mine either. I can't wait to get it in my hands. As soon as I get it, I'm calling to switch.

mindy

17. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

It was probably too soon for me to be putting in the applications I did this week, but the Target one really inspired me. In fact, my main credit goal is to be able to again have accounts with Amex, Citi, MBNA and Discover -- all of which I'd messed-up in the past. I earned my Amex back because I paid them every dime I owed them. The Citi cards were just dumb luck because I never paid them what I owed. MBNA was a lot of money and I don't think I'll ever get them back but next year I'll try, even if it means negotiating payment. Discover I may still have a chance with.

If I can get all of these back I'll feel I've accomplished something.

BofA gave a reconsider number with their on-line denial. I think I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what happens. The worst they can say is "no" and they've already done that.

18. Cyprigirl

Dave sssshhh .... about Citi, you know this board is monitored. LOL

19. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hey great job Cypri! Quick question.....you mentioned that you wrote them a hell of a letter. How did you send it???? Give details please....

20. navajo67

navajo67 Active Member