banco popular

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by michael, Apr 21, 2000.

1. michael

michael Guest

anyone ever had any dealings with this bank?I received a pre-selected offer,but i have never heard of them.

2. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

There are three Banco Populars of which I am aware. One in Mexico, one in Puerto Rico and one in Equador. I have a vague recollection of reading on the financial pages that Banco Popular de Puerto Rico wanted to establish a continental U.S. presence and planned to do this via credit cards, personal loans and on-line banking. I think they were planning on targeting areas with large Latino populations.

3. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

Several year ago (perhaps even 20) there was a bank by this name in the NY Metro area. I don't know if it's the same one or it had gotten sucked up by some big mega-bank like Citibank, Chase, or Bankers Trust.

4. Gina

Gina Guest

There is actually one of their branches in the Houston Area, off of Hwy 59 and Gessner Road. I used to live near there, I just moved from that area 3 months ago and it was still there last time I was in Houston. So they do have US offices.

5. MoneyMan

MoneyMan Guest

Well, I live in Puerto Rico and we have a locally-owned Banco Popular (don't know about other countries), it is a very well known bank down here (one of the biggest), based here and now expanding into major hispanic markets in the mainland. For what I have dealt with them, they are very professional and helpful, just that their interests rates are quite high. On a side note, you can visit their web page (www.bppr.com).

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

It is still there. It has not been acquired. It is based in Puerto Rico.

http://www.creditsense.com

7. Michele

Michele Guest

This question came up before. There are several location in the Chicago area. You can look them up on the internet and get a phone number

good luck

~Michele

8. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

they are located in the Bronx NY.. There are plenty of Branches there.. I hope this helps.. Mike