Bank Account

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shane, Apr 18, 2001.

1. Shane

Shane Guest

Hello everyone. I am new to this board and would appreciate it if anyone could help answer this question.

I live in canada and about 8 months ago, my current account was closed by my bank without any warning because it was overdrawn by $25 for a relatively long time. I had no idea i was overdrawn because I hardly ever used that account.

Question: I am thinking of opening another account with another bank and want to know if canadian banks report to any body like chex systems. Will I have difficulties in opening an account with another bank? Thank you.

2. curious

curious Well-Known Member

I am not sure about Canadian banks. You could always contact chex systems, sometimes they will give you the info over the phone, the telephone number is (972) 241-4772. Please not that chex systems also has it's own collection company and calling this number will reveal the telephone number that you are calling from. You CANNOT block your telephone number from their system, I guess.

If they don't give you the info, you can order your report online, at www.chexhelp.com.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Go into a bank and apply. or call them and ask. easy

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You CANNOT block your telephone number from their system, I guess.

USE AN ATT OR SPRINT OT MCI PHONE CARD...CALLER ID WOULD SAY ATT~SPRIT~MCI CALLING?
    OR USE A PHONE BOOTH.