Bank Line of Credit

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Feb 7, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Does anyone know how Bank Lines of Credit appear on credit reports? Does the tradeline status show "R1" or "I1"?

Amex Centurion Bank assured me they report Lines of Credit to the bureaus, but couldn't say how.

Thanks.

Saar

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Mine was R1

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

It should be R1 since it is a line of credit you can use over and over again as you pay it off.

I1 would be if it was a one time disbursement and the credit were not made available again as you paid it.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks Jamie & the other me.

I'll pass then - don't need more R1s, but could use a I1. I'll keep looking.

Saar

5. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

An I1 is an installment loan - a fixed amount borrowed (not a 'line of credit'), fixed P&I over a specific period of time. That's what make it an 'Installment' loan.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks for trying to explain what 'installment' means, but trust me, I didn't have to look it up :) My post came as it was perviously suggested that some creditors report the status or Lines of Credit as I1 rather than R1. As no one here was able to verify it, I'll proceed to do it the old fashioned way.

Saar

7. Greg

Greg Guest

RE: Bank Line of Credit - Saar

My Line of Credit reports as I1. The LOC has a cap (limit) and the loan documents had a tiered repayment schedule. On all of my reports it is listed as an installment loan. Equifax lists it as "Line of Credit." Hope this helps.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Sure does! Well well Mr. Shimmer, looks like the discussion is slightly broader that common terminology after all :)

Saar

9. Sister Gir

Sister Gir Guest

Hi,

Both my Bank One & Community Credit Union Line of Credit accounts report "I1".

Peace,
    Sister Girl