Bank of America credit increase???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 8, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a B of A card? If so, how long did it take for an increase? Did you call up and ask or was it automatic? Thanks

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Called...got $2,000
    Called...DENIED
    The following month...$500+

3. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I've had my account for about a year and a half. I started with $6900. After asking a few times over the last year and a half, they finally increased me to 10k. This is the only increase they have granted me.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't know how long in between (B of A)...

But DISCOVERCARD...NEVER...5 YEARS
    They finally gave me a VERY SMALL INCREASE $1,500...

THEY WANT TO "RUN" a credit report...IT IS NOT WORTH THE "COST"!!!

The "COST" is an inquiry...I pay, and don't get it...I GOT RIPPED OFF!!!

You pay the kid down the street $10.00 to mow your lawn...he mows it...you didn't get ripped off.
    You pay the kid down the street $10.00 to mow your lawn...he doesn't mow it...you got ripped off.

THE SERVICE FEE WAS 1 INQUIRY FOR 1 CREDIT LINE INCREASE...IF YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR...GET YOUR MONEY BACK...(THE INQUIRY)!!!

5. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

Dear other,

I was wanting an answer to the same question about BofA. Thanks for posting. I got a BT for 8.9 for 6800 this past February. I was hoping over time they would increase the CL so that I could gradually move on over to the lower rate. May I ask you have you charged on the BofA since getting it and has your over all debt load gone up anywhere?

Thanks,
    Cherie

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

They seem to want 9 months after opening and every 6 mos.after that.

-mj

7. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I only use the account for balance transfers. I have not used the card for purchases.

Overall, my debt load is higher - new mortgage, home improvement loan, stafford loans, etc. But my debt to limit ratios on my revolving accounts has gone down for 2 reasons, credit limit increases on a couple of accounts, and I paid alot of my revolving debt. The debt to limit ratio made a huge impact on my credit score. They didn't give me the increase until my debt to limit ratio was lowered. I'm not saying this is why they gave me the increase but I think it may have contributed.