Bank of America fees

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by steve, Oct 31, 2001.

1. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Hi all, I just received my Bank Of America Platinum card with a 9.9% fixed rate, along with the terms and conditions. Along with the usual fees (late payment, over the limit, check by phone), there was a research fee of $15/hr listed. What is this? Is this for the concierge service benefit that comes with the card?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

That is for just what it says...if you want an old credit card receipt or bill...THEY WILL CHARGE YOU FOR THE TIME.
    If you are DISPUTING a charge...THERE SHOULD BE NO CHARGE.

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

No, that's a fee they charge if you ask them to research archived account history or pull up old statements.

4. steve

steve Well-Known Member

So I guess they shouldn't charge anything if I inquire about my current balance or check to see if a payment was received.

5. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

I have the same card with the same terms....watch your account for balance transfer fees. My card is not supposed to have fees, and every time I do a BT I have to call to get the BT fees deleted. I wonder how many people just go ahead and pay them? BTW what is your purchase rate?

6. steve

steve Well-Known Member

It's a 9.9% fixed rate for purchases.

7. cherie

cherie Well-Known Member

Umm, I never noticed on my B of A card,.. if I have a platinum card I can continue to do BT's with out fee's? I am down to 5218.00 of a CL of 6800,@ 8.9% "for life" ? Held since Feb/01.

What's your story with Bank of America?
    Cherie