Bank of America Gives In and Drops Debit Card Fees

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JoshuaHeckathorn, Nov 1, 2011.

1. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

2. BCOHEN2010

BCOHEN2010 Well-Known Member

I have never used--and would never use Bank of America--even before the news of this proposed debit card fee was released. I currently have an account at Wells Fargo, which used to be Wachovia, which used to be World Savings. They are currently charging me $2 a month for receiving a paper statement, and they were going to charge $7 or $8 a month just for having the account, but I was able to get that fee waived as I am now a full-time student.

I would very much like to dump WF, however my credit really sucks right now, and I am not sure that another bank would give me an account, or give me a debit card if I did get an account. In addition to having terrible credit due to quitting payment on all my unsecured debts and letting them charge off, I also have the added problem of being in Chex Systems due to a previous bank emptying my account with fees and then demanding that I pay even MORE money which I refused. So I guess I am probably stuck with this crappy bank for the next 4 years (as I am already 3 years into the reporting period) or until I file for bankruptcy and zero out all the debts.

3. Heather L

Heather L Well-Known Member

I have never used Bank of American and never will. I am sure they will figure out some way to make up for the lost revenue from dropping the debit card fee. They will just have to figure out a better way to hide it. I have my accounts with Public Service Credit Union. I have no fees for using my debit card or for receiving paper statements. They have even waived a NSF fee for me. I would never switch. Thanks! Heather with BoostMyScore.NET

4. Heather L

5. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Did you hear their customer service ratings were dropped to an F- too? That's according to the brand new "Heckathorn Rating Agency" :).

6. Heather L

It is great to hear that the little guy can still make a difference if we work together to change something. Thanks!
    Heather with BoostMyScore.NET