Bank of America Instant Decisi

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Doug, Dec 28, 2000.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Bank of America's New Instant Decision works? Some of those advertised Instant Decisions always reply We are processing your application.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: Bank of America Instant De

Instant dicision is rare FOR ALL ONLINE CREDIT CARD COMPANIES!!!

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

I Received Instant Approval from Wells Fargo, Compass, SFNB, Juniper, NextCard, and Household. Rare wasn't the answer I was looking for George.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Your lucky...(JUNIPER SAID IT WAS RARE WHEN I CALLED)
    Many other people here (ON THE BOARD) say it is rare..."processing"..."we will send you a letter in the mail"

5. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, Doug, Bank of America's credit card accounts are managed by Citibank. I'm sure their Instant Decision feature works about the same as Citibank's, which I understand works at least part of the time.

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Bank of America is a Nation's bank, not Citibank. I did get an instant approval from Advanta.

http://www.creditsense.com

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Correct, Bank of America and Nations Bank merged. Citi has nothing to do with Bank of America.

8. Brandon

Brandon Guest

I work for a company that uses instant decision processing on credit card applications. The process can work and it seems with the track record you have it will probably work with theirs. Usually the reasons for the delay are some type of a variation between your application information and what is shown at the credit bureau. It might be as simple as an old address showing up or even an authorized users name on your bureau.

9. JP

JP Guest

I applied for Bank of America a few months back and received the more processing message; however 2 days later I received a e-mail stating they had a decision, please check this secure website. I was approved.

JP

10. sph

sph Guest

which CRA do they use.

11. JP

JP Guest

Equifax

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Gave it a whirl - Your Application is Pending. First time I saw that one.

13. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Update on Instant Decision Bof

Received the Congatulations! You've been Approved. Your Credit Card will be mailed within 5 business days.