Bank of America Visa Platinum!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by matty61184, Jul 16, 2001.

1. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Hello all,
    I just cancelled my GetSmart and Capital One Cards due to high interest rates. I just went to the bank of America Website and applied for their credit card. I was approved for the Visa Platinum with a $6,000 credit line! I couldn't believe it! How in the world is this possible? What kind of rate do you think I will get? I am just exstatic that I got a Platinum card! How does it stack up? Let me know what you all think.

2. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

Congratulations! We can celebrate together!
    Today I just received my gold BofA card. I was surprised by their generosity with my credit line as well as for giving me a gold card - I expected a classic at best.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Which report did BofA pull?

4. poobybear

poobybear Well-Known Member

Nave -

How can I find out which credit report they pulled? Can I call and ask?

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

If you have any of the online credit report capabilities such as CreditExpert or CreditInsight (Privista) you can get unlimited copies of your reports which show updates and of course inquiries. Or if you have a credit monitoring service like Privacy Guard they will notify you when new or recent activity occurs. You may be able to call BofA and ask credit services what report was pulled, I asked CapOne when I got my card. Other than that you have to wait until you get a new copy of your reports to find out.

-Dave

6. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I got this one too, and wa I surprised! I got a BT and APR of 3.9% for 6 months, however, the go to rate is 22.9%, which is not so great. I got a high limit, so I used it to consolidate.

They pulled Trans Union for me. I applied on line, got a message telling me they needed more time to review, but got the approval via e-mail the next day.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I USE B OF A ONLY FOR THE 8.90% FIXED ON BALANCE TRANSFERS...
    NO PURCHASES!!!
    16.90% IS WAY TOO HIGH...MY LIMIT I WILL PAY IS 9.99%!!!