bank of america

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by zip, Dec 31, 2000.

1. zip

zip Well-Known Member

thinking about applying for bank of america card to take advantage of low transfer rate for life of transfer amount.can anyone give me any insight on this card?i read some bad reviews on another sight,anyone have this one? thanks

2. DG

DG Guest

I had a bank of america card and all I can say is "never again!" They charge for every little thing. You don't even get a break by using their own ATM. The fact that most of their bank have moved into supermarkets is the biggest clue.

3. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Never had a problem. I have a $10,000 line.

http://www.creditsense.com

4. Eugene

Eugene Guest

I had a bank of america card

Credit card?

and all I can say is "never again!" They charge for every little thing. You don't even get a break by using their own ATM.

A bank that is bad for deposit accounts, can be good for a credit card. In fact, I find that ALL banks I kept money at, are not the best candidates to have a credit card with. And I would never put any deposit in ANY of my "credit" banks. It's just always FAR from the best deal I could get.

Eugene.

5. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Why would you use a credit card at an ATM?? You're paying 4% up-front plus 20% APR interest from the day you take the money out ... very very bad.

My partner and I both have B of A ... they're not bad on rates (9.5% for life of transfer and/or 9.9% "permanent" APR for purchases & transfers). They are a little sticky on limits and lowering rates, though.

My account was 2.9% for 6 months then it jumped to 19.8 ... they wouldn't lower it (the computer wouldn't let them). After 6 months at a zero balance I got a call from retention and they did lower it to 9.5 if I did a transfer. B of A seems pretty much to be a "by the score" bank.

Good luck!

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem, though I've only had the card for 10 months. I have the 8.9 for life of the transfer. The purchase APR is like 16, but I don't care since I only use it for transfers.

7. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

When I was with Bank of America they were good to me. I had a $25K limit and they would let me go 2500 over without any questions.

From my understanding they allow all customers to go 10% over and they always offered me good rates.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have the same 8.90% FIXED for balance transfers...no problem, won't use it for purchases @ 19.40%!!!

No problems, other than they wouldn't increase the credit line w/o application+inquiry...MAYBE IN A FEW MONTHS THEY SAID.

9. DG

DG Guest

I am sorry I didn't explain properly. It was a VISA CHECK CARD. (VERSATELLER) It allows you to withdraw money from your checking account.The problem was they charged outrageous fees to do so. NO ....oh no, I know better not to use my VISA for CASH WITHDRAWLS. I did that when I was younger...never again!